Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Esp bas

Old 08-07-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Esp bas

will low tire pressure set off the ESB? I was driving home from work yesterday and went around a corner and my esb/bas light came on. I stopped at the store and when i started it it was not on anymore. Today it came back on, on my way home but i havent been back out to see if its on again. I did do some hard wheeling last sun with some nasty, stinky rotten mud but everything under-neeth looks ok. ???any sugestions???
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone???
Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say yes. A while back, I was coming home from work. There is an intersection that I have to stop, cross two lanes and make a sharp left turn. Two nights in a row at this very same intersection, when I made the left turn my esp/bas light would come on with the ding and power would get reduced. I checked the front for loose bolts and didn't find any. I noticed my front passenger tire looked low so I got out the compressor and aired up all my tires. I haven't had anymore trouble so I say it's a definite "yes". Worth checking your tire pressure anyway.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm new to my 09 Unlimited and I jammed a left turn to pull into a sub division cutting in front of oncoming traffic instead of waiting on that bad intersection forever.

The chime sounded and the ESP / bas light came on. My first thought was, "here we go" Check engine light already, dealer visit.

I shut the jeep off, then fired it back up and the light was off and has not come back on.

I also disabled the stupid hill assist feature!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

Is your steering wheel centered? I've had that happen a few times after wheeling and adjusted/straightened the steering wheel which turned off the light.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had it happen making u-turns. Just get the stupid thing permanently shut off. Some trick with the steering wheel and the cheat codes to Grand Theft Auto. All you 08s and up can do it. All us 07s have to get the dealership to program it into our ECU.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My steering wheel is a little off but it has been like that for months, and i only had 18 psi in the tires
Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NH4X4
My steering wheel is a little off but it has been like that for months, and i only had 18 psi in the tires
I drove 50 kms on a very rough dirt road today. Lots of wash boards and my ESP BAS light came on ever since. My steering wheel was +- 15 degrees off for months wich is the maximum tolerance for the steering angle sensor.

The light is still on after driving 10 kms and my steering wheel is now centered. i'm waiting to see if it will turn off after a few more miles.

Check all your wheel speed sensor wires for damage or they could be disconnected if you went wheeling.

Uneven tire pressure/size can also trigger a ESP/BAS code.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rangleme
Is your steering wheel centered? I've had that happen a few times after wheeling and adjusted/straightened the steering wheel which turned off the light.
X2

Quick Reply: Esp bas