Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

EVAP Canister

Old 03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP Canister

Now I know why they make a relocation kit for it. My dash has been flashing GASCAP since wednesday night. The owners manual says the gascap is loose or needs to be replaced. Well I went wheelin wednesday night, thursday and friday it rained so I didnt wash it. I went again on sunday and just washed it this morning. While I was washing the undercarriage I noticed something swinging in the breeze, so I took it to the shop I always use. They got under there and said not only do you need the EVAP relocation kit but need a new EVAP canister, you ripped yours off . So, I what I am saying is, if you haven't purchased one yet and plan on doing some serious wheelin, it would be a good idea to look into it. There is nothing wrong with the way it is running but they had the head mechanic from the Jeep dealer right next door to them come over, he said it will make it run rich and I will be able to smell the fumes that I normally wouldn't. Needless to say I am buying a new canister and relocation kit.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much is the evap? Im throwing a code with the evap and the dealer doesnt know why. Im about to get under it and take a looksy.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

I'll know by tomorrow the guys that do all my work said they'll get me price.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

did the same thing to mine. my dealer told me you need the canister it self and a detector. i got both for $48 total with my blue mountain discount.

Quick Reply: EVAP Canister