Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ever noticed that 2012's owner manual wierd front bumper??

Old 11-11-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Now I am starting to think this is just a conspiracy on Chrysler/Mopar's behalf! I sure wish Hanyes would get on the ball. The Hanyes manuals are absolutely the best repair books out there, always based off of a complete teardown and rebuild of the vehicle within its pages.
Yep. only one I owned (and probably still do somewhere) was for my '94 YJ. Great resource for someone that wants to DIY, but doesn't have much experience wrenching on vehicles.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
What an epic fail on Chrysler's part. Is this some crazy plan to force the owners into dealerships for any maintenance
Well, now that you mention that...

I stopped by a Jeep dealer one day on I-45 (south of Dallas) and asked the service guys at the counter for an oil filter (which they had) and then asked them what oil I needed to run in my Jeep.

After unagreeable discussion from the bubba's in the service area they finally resorted to the factory Jeep service manual for the service department which stated - "use oil type indicated on the engine's oil filler cap".

There you go, the blind leading the blind.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by f2fast4u
Well, now that you mention that...

I stopped by a Jeep dealer one day on I-45 (south of Dallas) and asked the service guys at the counter for an oil filter (which they had) and then asked them what oil I needed to run in my Jeep.

After unagreeable discussion from the bubba's in the service area they finally resorted to the factory Jeep service manual for the service department which stated - "use oil type indicated on the engine's oil filler cap".

There you go, the blind leading the blind.
I guess I gonna have to get an oil filler cap that says "refer to JK-forum.com"
Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

And these are the Chrysler trained mechanics you "need" to take your chrysler vehicle to... what a joke.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Spryquasar
I guess I gonna have to get an oil filler cap that says "refer to JK-forum.com"
That is pretty damn funny.....scary, yet funny.

Quick Reply: Ever noticed that 2012's owner manual wierd front bumper??