Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

evo suspension - website PITA

Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
The reason you aren't going to get much in the way of response for the evo system is they just launched the 4" long arm kit for users other than those running their coil over system. You might not have seen this:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...road+evolution
I was a little offended by the OP's thread title. But, I think being a moderator should come with a level of responsibility to forum members to guide them to the right answer. If you to end your post with "I'm just calling it like I see it" you probably shouldn't have said it. And don't get me wrong, I respect your knowledge and I don't want you alone to bear the brunt of my disappointment but I've even seen vendors/mfg's get nasty with forum members. I have been on the receiving end of horribly rude communications from other forum members but I expect that moderators and especially those representing manufacturers would be a little gentler in their responses.

Just callin' it like I see it Okay, I'm a hypocrite in a way for even saying anything but I just want to have more of a feel of community which also includes avoiding brand bashing. (not to be confused with factual negative feedback, which is one of the greatest features of this forum) Okay, I'm off my soapbox

Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
I was a little offended by the OP's thread title. But, I think being a moderator should come with a level of responsibility to forum members to guide them to the right answer. If you to end your post with "I'm just calling it like I see it" you probably shouldn't have said it. And don't get me wrong, I respect your knowledge and I don't want you alone to bear the brunt of my disappointment but I've even seen vendors/mfg's get nasty with forum members. I have been on the receiving end of horribly rude communications from other forum members but I expect that moderators and especially those representing manufacturers would be a little gentler in their responses.

Just callin' it like I see it Okay, I'm a hypocrite in a way for even saying anything but I just want to have more of a feel of community which also includes avoiding brand bashing. (not to be confused with factual negative feedback, which is one of the greatest features of this forum) Okay, I'm off my soapbox

Point taken and sorry if my comments offended anyone. I for one hate it when rude comments are made and my initial comment to have the op asking him to contact the mfg was not rude but actually a question. Yes, the subsequent posts could be taken as rude and for that I apologize if anyone was offended. It looks like the Off Road Evolution rep has responded and hopefully the op will get the information he/she is looking for.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PCHSahara
Re call vs post: i was looking for someone on the forum that knows about their lifts as opposed to trying to contact a single individual at the company on a friday afternoon... crowdsource as it were.

and during the workday, a quick post online is easier than going down the elevator to get outside, make a call, see if they even pick up or goes to vmail..waiting for a callback, just to take the elevator again to re-call and hope you dont get put on hold.

ill take the internet approach thanks
So, what you are saying is you would spend multiple thousands of dollars on a lift kit based on pictures and a quick response to questions posted on a busy Friday afternoon with no interaction with those who actually make the kit and install them all day long?

This is a place where we community together and share knowledge. But nothing can substitute for the time you will need to take in order to make an informed decision.

You take the internet approach, I'll be waiting for the threads you start about questions you could have asked the manufacturers about in person.

Just calling it like I see it
Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
JK Freak

I have found it difficult to navigate multiple sites for comparison. What's harder, though, is calling companies and trying to get them to compare their product to other manufacturer's products. you need to write down the questions you want answered from each if these companies, call them for answers, and then ask forum members for opinions when you narrowed down your questions to specifics.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Or you could ask me to pass the question on to my wife. Its readily apparent (just ask her) that she knows everything.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flaxbourton
Or you could ask me to pass the question on to my wife. Its readily apparent (just ask her) that she knows everything.
She must know mine too
Old 04-10-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Corona Doug
Yeah, ORE does have a bad website but you can't beat their product. So you really should post your question on the forum when you have narrowed your search down and your sure of what you want from your JK.

EVO Double Throwdown

Best of Luck in your search!
Wow, that double throwdown has some serious articulation! Are there other setups that can achieve that?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok ok ok.

yes the title should have been clearer, my goal to compare lifts and commenting on a website has led to more distraction than I planned for.

so to sum up and more forward... based on previous posts to this thread:

- i'm looking for a lift as my TF 2.5 BB was a short term buy and I'm ready to move forward with a more complete kit.

- as this will be an expensive modification, and there are many many options, I'm starting my research online (low hanging fruit approach).

- my goal is to have a decision in 3 months, based on this forum, talking with manufacturers, existing owners feedback, even test driving.

- my first step was to even decide I want to get a new lift and start searching the forum, online, etc. I've been doing that for the last couple of weeks.

- my second step (current) is to see what the "packaged lifts" are offering, to compare and contrast the parts provided to see what one lift offers vs another and why some parts (ie drop pitman, etc) are included or excluded specifically (and WHY).

so for this first step.. comparing based on website offered packages has been a bit confusing... Usually there is a picture and "marketing" martial, but seldom a parts breakdown, much less a reason why A and not B is included, etc.

Once I can get a clear picture of the Apples to Apples (to Oranges) I can see what the "full" packages are offering, and what Additional items are suggested for either Offroad and/or Onroad characteristics.

Then I can continue to decide what overall lift components are "needed in my opinion", and that cost, and again compare with other kits to help drive my final decision based on price, install requirements, on and offroad capabilities, etc.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'm not getting the bad website thing. If I were looking at Evo lift kits I'd go www.offroadevolution.com, on the left of the page I'd click suspension/steering, scroll through the 3 pages till I find what I'm looking for. The long arm upgrade for evo lever JKs is there is suspension section, the Evo enforcer 2.5 is there is the suspension section. Both have drop menus for additional options. Both have detailed descriptions. The Non evo lever suspension that was just in the giveaway last month isn't there because it's not out yet as far as I know. I don't get whats so complicated about Evo's website. Suspension/steering has just that. Armor/skids is just that, and so on. I mean what else could they do? The product grouping can't get any more simple.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaxbourton
Not to derail the thread, but is there a magazine or printed version of the Teraflex catalog that can be ordered?
Yes there is! Just send me a pm with your name/address and I will mail you one.

Quick Reply: evo suspension - website PITA