Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Exhaust Air Jack

Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Air Jack

First of all. Hello to everyone out there. I just got my JK last week and I love this site. This is my first post so please bear with me.

I purchased a Hi-lift Xtreme jack a couple of days ago to aid in recovery and use as a come-along if needed until I can get bumpers and a winch. Since there a pretty much no lift points to use the Hi-lift without rocker guards or steel bumpers (please correct me if I am wrong) I began looking around and found a couple of companies selling air jacks.

It looks like a handy device so I am curious if anyone has used one or seen one used and what you think about them.

I want to comply with the JK-forum policy and not post a direct link. So please take a look at a site called www. "airjackusa" or "air-jack" .com for examples.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the market for a hi-lift jack and was wondering about this option as well - anyone have experience with these?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default Air Jack

I have the ARB x-jack. It works great epecially when you are not on solid or level ground. I have only used on my own rig twice but I have used a lot of times on other rigs. It also works great in combination with I high lift. You can also use the high lift to do the jacking and inflate the x-jack for stabilty. It really makes trail repairs much safer. I purchased a small compessor from costco to inflate it with, the tail pipe method is faster but a pita and can't be done solo.

Pete

My jeep with a broken yoke.

Being used with a high jack to fix a sway bar issue on a buddies rig.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=TiredPete;263061]I have the ARB x-jack. It works great epecially when you are not on solid or level ground. I have only used on my own rig twice but I have used a lot of times on other rigs. It also works great in combination with I high lift. You can also use the high lift to do the jacking and inflate the x-jack for stabilty. It really makes trail repairs much safer. I purchased a small compessor from costco to inflate it with, the tail pipe method is faster but a pita and can't be done solo.

Pete

Thanks for the info and pics Pete. This is exactly what I was looking for. Looks pretty useful.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Air Jack