Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Exhaust systems

Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust systems

Looking to put an exhaust on my wrangler.. Which is the best one should I go with??
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Karcar00
Looking to put an exhaust on my wrangler.. Which is the best one should I go with??
There are a lot of choices... You can even do a search and there is a thread with reviews, and some include sound clips (granted, its over a computer). One thing to keep in mind is that they are louder than stock mufflers.... I always read on here and see that people say "oh my god, its so loud, there is so much drone, etc." You aren't really going to have a "quite" exhaust if you choose to swap yours out.. While its not screaming loud, or sound like a rice-burner, its also not gonna sound like your stocker....

Happy hunting...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got a flowmaster on mine, its not too bad with the drone (sounds better than when i didnt have a muffler at all) and the price was good ($150 at Midas installed). Some of the offroad ones are nice (MBRP). Dynomax has some pretty good ones too.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Karcar00
I like my MBRP catback. Yes it's louder than stock. No, it's not annoying but there is a definite increase in volume, kind of a throaty rumble. I have a Gibson catback on my Ram1500. It's a little louder than stock but it's an even sound, no rumble.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Take a look at the Dynomax systems
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
There are a lot of choices... You can even do a search and there is a thread with reviews, and some include sound clips (granted, its over a computer). One thing to keep in mind is that they are louder than stock mufflers.... I always read on here and see that people say "oh my god, its so loud, there is so much drone, etc." You aren't really going to have a "quite" exhaust if you choose to swap yours out.. While its not screaming loud, or sound like a rice-burner, its also not gonna sound like your stocker....

Happy hunting...

We have a system that is nice and drone free as well. It is a louder than stock on start up and when you "get on it" but quiet when cruising or at highway speed. And I agree about the sound clips over the computer, hard to do a system justice.

http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_detai....8l-4-dr-38456

Quick Reply: Exhaust systems