Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Or Fab tube doors installation

Old 07-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Or Fab tube doors installation

What am I doing wrong here? Im a bit mechanically declined, so Im not sure what Im supposed to do here to get this to close...thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	td.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	181526   Click image for larger version

Name:	td2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	181527  
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Um, the door is upside down! Well, actualy, that would be the pasenger door you are trying to install on the drivers side. Flip the hinge posts on the door and try again. Lol.

For reference, here is a pic of Mark Doiron's rig with the OR-Fab doors.

Last edited by 4fit?; 07-13-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Um, the door is upside down! Well, actualy, that would be the pasenger door you are trying to install on the drivers side. Flip the hinge posts on the door and try again. Lol.

For reference, here is a pic of Mark Doiron's rig with the OR-Fab doors.
Was going to say same thing right when in saw that
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I considered that - but on the photo on the pdf instructions they have the latch opening at the top of the door..if I flip it it will be at the bottom...ill try it though. Lets hear it for lack of crystal clear instructions and my lack of common sense!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Axe
Thanks, I considered that - but on the photo on the pdf instructions they have the latch opening at the top of the door..if I flip it it will be at the bottom...ill try it though. Lets hear it for lack of crystal clear instructions and my lack of common sense!
Yeah, instructions can be more of a PITA than they are worth sometimes. Have a look here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-Installation

Old 07-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Yeah, instructions can be more of a PITA than they are worth sometimes. Have a look here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-Installation

Great write-up and thanks to all that responded. I got the drivers side on, but no time for passenger as I have to head to work. They only gave me to end caps for the doors, so Ill contact them to get 2 more. Now to see if it rattles! Forecast was absolutely clear today, its been raining for a half hour.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

One more question - the kit came with 2 rubber and 4 plastic end caps for the doors. Im assuming the rubber ones are end caps, cause they fit nice and snug in the doors. The plastic ones, however, simply fall out at the slightest movement and are not snug at all. Was I supposed to get 4 of the rubber ones? Or am I supposed to stick some glue on the plastic caps to keep em from falling out the door? If so what are the rubber things for?

Went to put my bikini top on today and stripped one of the bolts for the brackets that go in the sport bar right away. Im on an installation roll!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	g2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	182138   Click image for larger version

Name:	g1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	182139  

Quick Reply: Or Fab tube doors installation