Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Factory Rep

Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Rep

So is close to a month and finally i will get to meet with the Factory Rep to
maybe put an end to the "sneaker squeal"...as my dealer says they can not do any work unless it's authorized by him since they feel the TBS on the clutch doesn't apply....so has anyone here ever had a meeting with one of these reps...?...and what makes them a REP...are they a master mechanic or just a college educated sales person with the ability so sell trees and bridges to those who are easily convinced that there is nothing wrong with their vehicle....(unless of course the warranty has expired)...just curious and I'll post back with the details..wich me luck...
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go in polite and calm and simply state what you would like to see happen. Don't demand - tends to put people on edge and automatically make them deny what your wanting. I'd have a print out of the tsb and what it pertains to and also how it relates to your issue. this is just my personal experience....as I've had to go through this in the past for my YJ over a couple issues.

Jim
Old 08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
HEK
JK Freak

So I make at the dealership with 2 TSB's printed, met the Rep and the Senior Tech that a few weks back had made it clear that he didn't know where the "squeal" was coming from.
We got into my JK and off we went in their lot , me driving and asking them if they heard it when I made the shift from 2nd to third and when I just pressed on the gas w/out shifting ...at 1st the rep wanted me to do it numerous times and the tech would say that the TSB's didn't apply because the sound was coming from the rear...I looked accross their lot and drove to Wallmart where I was able to convince them as to how loud the sound is when driving along the side of a building .The Tech at this point said that the last time I was there he didn't hear anything.......I basically stopped the JK and said to him that I wasn't about to call him a liar but since he made that statement he is basically calling "me" a liar..,(see line 2) on that note I asked him...if the vehicle was out of warranty and I brought the Jeep for you to get rid of the noise I bet you would not have a problem taking the entire suspension/ tranny/ steering column appart and pass along a bill that would reflect this to me...but since it's warranty work you can't be bothered...and he just remained quiet., I guess he knew I knew the answer to that. The Factory Rep saw that I was begining to turn green and he said to the Tech to order me the parts on one of the TSB's and have me make an appointment when the parts arrive....
I'm not claiming victory yet, as I feel a battle has been won but not the War...
On my way out of the Service Dpt, I mentioned to the factory Rep that on my last visit to the dealership for this noise I was giving a new steering shaft that IMHO was not defective but needed some 5th wheel grease and the paperwork stated that the "squeal" was gone...He shook his head and smiled...
Old 09-06-2008, 04:14 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Default Udate...woo...hoooo

yes kids it all paid off, finally got my appointment last Thursday and left the JK in hands of the dealer...(not feeling it..., almost like I was going to have to return again and again....)....so yesterday I picked it and after having the clutch, throut bearing, and all else that was on the TBS for the clutch replaced I tested it and not only does the clutch feel like butter but the SQUEAL....is gone........so on that happy note I say to all of you....don't give up and if your dealer doesn't want to go the extra mile...ask for the FACTORY REP..........

BTW....I want to thank this Board and those who made the TBS's available to us....without that information I most probably would have given up the on the 1st visit...
Old 09-06-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Jedi

Congrats, nice to hear one one these turn out well.

Quick Reply: Factory Rep