Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Factory Soft Top & Duster ?

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Soft Top & Duster ?

Hi

Does anybody know if the factory soft top will fit under the Bestop JKU duster, when folded down?

I am wondering if the duster would be better to get vs. the soft top boot.

Thanks in advance...
-wsn
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't believe it will. I haven't tried but the soft top sits too high when folded down and the duster sits flush across the tub. You could try but you would have to stretch it pretty far. You would also have to cut out for the top supports.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

yeah... no way at all. why not just fold it like normal and let it lay on top of the duster?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Duster won't cover it. I have it.... I ordered a rampage boot to go over soft top with my duster.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleusn
Hi, Does anybody know if the factory soft top will fit under the Bestop JKU duster, when folded down? I am wondering if the duster would be better to get vs. the soft top boot. Thanks in advance... -wsn
The Soft Top folds and rests on top of the Duster. I see no reason at all to have a soft top boot, other than tidyness, it has zero usefullness. On the other hand, I highly recommend the Bestop Duster, had it for 2+ years with rough wear and tear and had no issues being it's extremely well made. It keeps weather out, keeps prying eyes out, and keeps trunk contents in. Well worth the money.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking to get this as well. I'm assuming that when you put the top up and windows on you just roll it up and throw it in the back? Or can you leave it on ?

Last edited by Spdu4ia; 07-06-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia
I am looking to get this as well. I'm assuming that when you put the top up and windows on you just roll it up and throw it in the back? Or can you leave it on ?
You are supposed to detach it when soft-top is up, but I leave the Duster fixed on year round.

The Duster attaches to the same side rails as the soft-top corners, but with some pulling and effort you can attach them both in the same rail fixture, so have Duster on and soft-top up.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

AWSOME , thats what I was hoping for. thanks!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by westchester
The Soft Top folds and rests on top of the Duster. I see no reason at all to have a soft top boot, other than tidyness, it has zero usefullness. On the other hand, I highly recommend the Bestop Duster, had it for 2+ years with rough wear and tear and had no issues being it's extremely well made. It keeps weather out, keeps prying eyes out, and keeps trunk contents in. Well worth the money.

Hi

Thanks for the info...

I see you have a duster and a soft top, but no soft top rear door surounds.

Who does it all work?

Can you use the duster with the surrounds on, or do you have to remove them every time you use the duster?

Thanks again, just trying to ensure it will work out for me if I get one to keep prying eyes out of the rear.

Cheers
-wsn
Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by doubleusn
Hi

Thanks for the info... I see you have a duster and a soft top, but no soft top rear door surounds. Who does it all work? Can you use the duster with the surrounds on, or do you have to remove them every time you use the duster?

Thanks again, just trying to ensure it will work out for me if I get one to keep prying eyes out of the rear. Cheers -wsn
The Duster and soft top both work fine with or without the door surrounds. Either on or off are fine.

Quick Reply: Factory Soft Top & Duster ?