Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Farewell to the JK

Old 04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Farewell to the JK

The last JK officially ruled off the line in Toledo last Friday. And Jeep is keeping it.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/04/...ew-pickup.html
Old 04-29-2018, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I won't miss it....Because I'm keeping mine! The JK was/is an amazing design. I've had more fun and made more memories in my JK than any other vehicle I've owned. I have a new JL, which is awesome, but like I said, I'm keeping the JK indefinitely. These things are very well built and will be around for a long, long time.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. It is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. I wish I was able to afford a TJ back in the day. I like the bare bones interior a little more. But I'm keeping mine until I die, so it doesn't matter. There may be more one day, but this will always be the first and my favorite.

I honestly don't understand all the hooplah about the JL so far. I'm not into all the high tech gizmos. And all the aluminum parts just to squeeze out like 3 mpg. I think they played it too safe. The inmates run the asylum when it comes to the Jeep Wrangler. I think FCA wussed out. There are some nice retro touches. But it's too cushy IMO. Which is why I won't buy one. Feel free to thrash.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree the JK is an amazing design. We have a JL but we love our JK a bit more
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read the last 6 #'s of the vin # are 999999 on another site for the last JK which Jeep will keep. Can anyone confirm this? Not that is matters just a curiosity thing.

Quick Reply: Farewell to the JK