Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Feeling inferior

Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like a family! When I am in my jeep it's automatic just as when I am on the Harley, some folks might not realize they are part of an elite group!
I do notice though with others jeepers it doesn't matter, what kind of jeep you have where as if your Harley isn't tweaked out bada** your sometimes not good enough for acknowledgement!
Better to be in a jeep these days! Just saying!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I wave to all Jeeps myself. But I have been caught texting or day-dreaming. The poor guy/gal is already passing me, waving like crazy, before I realize and try to shoot a wave back to no avail. You usually get more waves during the weekends when people are more relaxed and just cruising around too, instead of rushing around on a work-day.
this is true. haha ive been guilty of not giving the wave back a few times after a long day at work and just enough attention to stay on the road i try to flash my fog lights at night when i pass a JK. just another way to acknowledge the "elite group"
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yup even at night you can tell a Jeep coming and give a little fog tweek.

My wife laughs at me. She always makes fun of me and says "A little over the top enthusiasm there huh?" I just say hell yeah....

I always look in the mirror to give someone the doubt because if I see someone at the last minute waving and I am changing lanes or something and see them I always stick my arm out the window and give them a back wave Better late than never!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

When i first got the jeep the wifey always made fun of me when i waved or took it offensive if it was a chick waving back at me. (i say its a jeep thing) ....funny thing is that one day she took the jeep out and she came back all happy and jumpy..i was kinda of confused but after i ask what was wrong with her..she said she loves the jeep wave and that she feels like she wants to start a wave for her corrola...
i told her no and if she does she is outta of the jeep wave crew...

wierd thing is that now everywhere we go she wants to take the jeep and wants to drive..

Last edited by runnin-low; 09-02-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife has hr own 2011 and when she's in mine, when someone goes by in another Jeep she waves too...
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Talking about feeling inferior. I always wanted a jeep. Finally got my five month. Ago,07ssahara unlimited, well not being. Awerer of the jeep culture got a 2wd do I regret it not having 4wd yes, on owning a jk not my next one will be 4wd. please wave back
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

I wave at all Jeep's CJ,YJ,TJ,JK. Some wave back some don't. Had an older guy in a CJ2A wave at me today that was cool.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rozzman10
then its this huge over dramatic wave to let everyone that doesnt drive a jeep know that youre not in our he-man-owning-a-jeep-club
that's awesome! I'm starting a club here tomorrow!

I also caught a bunch of crap from my girlfriend about the wave when I bought mine, I didn't care, and now even she waves and I've got my son waving at all jeeps from the back seat! Girlfriend just bought a new BMW convertible and tonight on our way to dinner in it with the top down I caught my son waving at Jeeps from the back seat of the Beamer!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

She even asked him who he was waiving at and he said, "daddy's Jeep friends!" I love it!

Quick Reply: Feeling inferior