Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fender clips

Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender clips

I don't if there is a thread already about this I couldn't find one if so sorry but if no one knows this if you break your fender clips you can replace them with liberty fender clips. They are grey but doesn't matter cuz I broke mine and the stealership told me you couldn't just buy the clips, you had to buy the fender and all but I found out that the liberty ones are they same and they are 1.80 a piece. Just a helpful piece of info for anyone who has broke theirs.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pick up kit number 1-CATCK135AA from your dealer. It contains 6 of the push in "rivet" type clips and 6 of the push-in clips. Cost me $0.75. It is for the wrangler.

I also got the 1-CATCK134AA. This is the 2 fasteners (one for each side) that go on in place of the clip that pushed over the threaded bolt. These screw on so they do not just fall out. Cost me $0.85.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

O what the hell. My gfs dad is a mechanic at my dealership and he told me the only ones he found me were the liberty clips. I got them at his cost at 1.25 a pop I needed 4.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

My parts dept. was researching some clips for me and found that kit as part of a recall for trimming the inner fenders for abrasion on the brake lines. Needless to say for that price, I picked up a couple of the clip kits.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auveco had these for like $8 for twenty when I got some replacements a while back. They have so many different types, and at a great price
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

I'll have to keep that in mind next time I rip my fender off cuz I know it's gonna happen again lol
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I forget how much I paid exactly but I bought a bag of like 20 from Amazon for el cheapo
Old 05-26-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
I forget how much I paid exactly but I bought a bag of like 20 from Amazon for el cheapo
cool do you have a link? thnks
Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
I don't if there is a thread already about this I couldn't find one if so sorry but if no one knows this if you break your fender clips you can replace them with liberty fender clips. They are grey but doesn't matter cuz I broke mine and the stealership told me you couldn't just buy the clips, you had to buy the fender and all but I found out that the liberty ones are they same and they are 1.80 a piece. Just a helpful piece of info for anyone who has broke theirs.
Originally Posted by ScruffyRubicon
Pick up kit number 1-CATCK135AA from your dealer. It contains 6 of the push in "rivet" type clips and 6 of the push-in clips. Cost me $0.75. It is for the wrangler.

I also got the 1-CATCK134AA. This is the 2 fasteners (one for each side) that go on in place of the clip that pushed over the threaded bolt. These screw on so they do not just fall out. Cost me $0.85.
You guys are talking two different type clips. First are the Fender Flare Moulding Clips that attach the fender to the sheet metal; second are those rivet ones that attach the inner plastic liner to the plastic fender.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Yea I'm talking about the clips that hold you fender to the sheet metal.

Quick Reply: Fender clips