Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

figured out why I am not getting the wave

Old 08-28-2011, 11:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default figured out why I am not getting the wave

I finally figured out why I have not been getting the wave. It turns out I have been getting them, I have been just too busy admiring the beauty of the jk and not paying any attention to the driver, I barely caught a hand in the air the other day out of the corner of my eye as a jeep was pulling onto the road, I waved back but i think i was too late for them to see. So if you wave and the other person does not wave back, they just might be admiring your jeep and not paying you any attention.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats why I try to get a whole arm outside of the Jeep as much as possible
Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started the flash of headlights, and that seems to work 90+% of the time. Maybe cheating a little, but it's better than waiving at no one lol
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

I've been guilty of staring at the mods on a Jeep and missed a wave or was too late
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave at every Jeep I see for the most part. Even if I'm admiring I get an arm out the side to wave.

I know it has been covered a million times, but rarely if ever does a fellow JKer wave back. I see a lot of people here who say they wave, but the longer I have this jeep, the more I notice.

Even if you are a family person and bought it for nothing more than hauling the kids around, shoot us a wave. Seriously, you never know when you may need something from the community, and if you piss them off you may never get what you need.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MeatCurtains
I wave at every Jeep I see for the most part. Even if I'm admiring I get an arm out the side to wave.

I know it has been covered a million times, but rarely if ever does a fellow JKer wave back. I see a lot of people here who say they wave, but the longer I have this jeep, the more I notice.

Even if you are a family person and bought it for nothing more than hauling the kids around, shoot us a wave. Seriously, you never know when you may need something from the community, and if you piss them off you may never get what you need.
I understand completely, thats why I felt bad whenever I noticed the other driver had waved and I completely missed it. I will do a better job from now on. AND WAVE LIKE CRAZY.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I had my YJ.... I always got waves.... When I drove off the lot in my JKU, no one sees me I assume!

2011 JKU- sport auto
Stock susp./ tires
Body Armor tailight guards
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk

"Distracting", adj., pronounced get-tin-hed......damn you automatic jeepers. The manual is a bit of a deal killer
Definitely a point for the auto!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk

"Distracting", adj., pronounced get-tin-hed......damn you automatic jeepers. The manual is a bit of a deal killer
Works out just fine in my manual. But i will say it took a few times. The other person needs to keep a hand on the shifter to hold it in place.

Quick Reply: figured out why I am not getting the wave