Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

FINALLY! Half-Doors Are Installed!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking looks Great

Blackbeard-

These look great.

Yours look like they seal up and fit a lot better than some of the others I have seen on here.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubya
Blackbeard-

These look great.

Yours look like they seal up and fit a lot better than some of the others I have seen on here.
Thanks Dubya!

I used the provided Door Seal, and placed it around the edges of the Door Enclosure, after mounting it to the Tube Door. I added some additional Door Seal that I bought at O'Reilly's Auto Parts, to the Jeep's door jamb area, one strip all of the way from the Top Hinge on the body, to just above the Striker area. Now the two Seals meet when the Doors are closed, and I don't get any RATTLE. It fits so good, that I didn't need to add any Electrical Tape to the Striker Post. Pretty good Wind and Water integrity too!

When I find a set of Factory Half-Doors, these will be my Spares.

Cheers!

BB
Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could you throw those doors in the back of a two-door JK very easily? That's what I used to do with my soft doors. I'm debating these of the soft doors. I'm thinking about getting these if they are breeze to throw in the back.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Waiting
Could you throw those doors in the back of a two-door JK very easily? That's what I used to do with my soft doors. I'm debating these of the soft doors. I'm thinking about getting these if they are breeze to throw in the back.
I wouldn't say "THROW", as they're about 25-lbs each, at least. Also, if you don't want your door panels dinged up, you might want to separate them in the cargo area.

If you're looking for a lightweight, get-it-on & get-it-off quick door, the Soft Doors might be a better bet.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

Quick Reply: FINALLY! Half-Doors Are Installed!