Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fingers Crossed :)

Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fingers Crossed :)

Have someone coming to look at my escape today... if they buy it I am on the hunt for my JK I found a 2008 JK Rubicon with 23,000 miles on it, they are asking 26,997... here is the link, does this look like a good deal? I will go with cash so I am hoping they will take some off for that but we shall see. Let me know your thoughts, I live in NH so I'm trying to find something fairly local to buy

Thanks for your thoughts!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c&car_id=283860302&dealer_id=86786&car_ year=2008&rdm=1286451634624&lastStartYear=1981&mod el=WRANGLER&num_records=50&systime=&make2=&highlig htFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&key wordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&aws p=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipErr or=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=JEEP&k eywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A% 3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=new sortbyprice_DESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_ flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=03833&advanced= &end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&car dist=87&standard=false

Last edited by Robar; 10-09-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Edited clickable link
Old 10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

I'd push the rack as a detractor in negosiations, you'll have to pull it off and fix the damage they kill the mileage...

even if you like it. It's a good starting place but a bit high for a final purchase. Modes do not add value to the Jeep.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys... seems all the jeeps are priced high :( anything that's a rubicon and a JK model seem around that mark... most have way more miles than that too... Yah I don't like the rack and I wondered if they had to drill holes in the window frame for that to mount on...

Wife's giving me grief about getting a jeep at the moment... looks like I'll have to win her over before I can seal the deal and get my JK... it'll happen though

I'll keep looking
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

If your wife likes the feel of the escape...better not take her on a test drive with the jeep. totally different feeling.I had to re-strap my wifes bra 2x during the rough ride.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

If I were you I would just buy a brand new Jeep because I think the warranty is only good for the first owner. But if you can fix your own Jeep then I would say thats a decent deal on a Rubicon.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

I agree on the high prices...it is one of the reasons that drove me to buy new when I stumbled into mine. I had dealers around the $26-$27k mark for loaded up X or Sahara packages...got my Rubi just over $30k...the difference in price was not worth it for me. I, personally, like the rack...wonder if you'd sell it to me?!

@Nik - I have heard the mod thing before and don't dispute it. However, I have never been given a reason as to why they (mods) do not add value to a Jeep? Can you explaine?
Originally Posted by nikbass
It's a good starting place but a bit high for a final purchase. Modes do not add value to the Jeep.
Good luck on the JK!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

You sound like me a few months ago. My wife and I started out like you looking at used JK's. We found a great 07 Sahara for 26K it seemed high and thak god the guy did not come down in the price. If he did I would not be driving my new 1011 Sahara today. Once you start looking at used Jeeps, and your above 20K you should visit a dealer and look for a new one. For a few grand above 26 you could be in a new Jeep. If you use your current car you could even end up less than 26K. I worked my deal down to about 30k and then asked about my 02 TJ. They gave me 8K for my trade in with 90K miles on it. I ended up with a new Jeep for 22K. Again thank god I didn't buy the 07... Good luck out there...

Quick Reply: Fingers Crossed :)