Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fire Extinguisher and Sun

Old 07-13-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

If you're REALLLY curious about the temperature at which your fire extinguisher would explode, you could always put it in the oven with a high-scale thermometer in there... when it blows, you can check the temp on the thermometer (assuming it's still there, and that you're not so incapacitated that you can still function).

I've had mine sitting in direct sunlight at 96 degrees with no problems (sorry - doesn't get much hotter here!), but given that you Southwest guys have temps in upwards of 110 without problems, I'm not too worried...

Then again, I wonder if turns really volatile at those higher temps - for example, what would happen if you had it sitting in direct sunlight on a 112 degree day, were wheeling, and a stray rock got thrown directly into the sidewall of the canister? Would it be more likely to blow?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Yeah I heard last week it was 118 down here. I only heard it, because I was enjoying 70-80's at the canyon.

I saw a sign while I was at the Backcountry Information Center. It said "June 25th, 2007. Anasazi Point (forgot the name so I made it up, but it was somewhere at the canyon) 136 degrees in the sun." Now that's hot.

Yeah, but it's a dry heat!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good discussion. Ironically this morning I was doing some searching for a few cheap accessories, an FE mount being one of them. Found this on a few of the different popular vendors....I like it because it looks good and keeps it not so "stick out like a sore thumb red"

http://www.quadratec.com/products/98003_101.htm

What can't they make in neoprene these days? They have a cell phone/PDA holder too from the same company - which made me laugh a little.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZToad
Yeah, but it's a dry heat!
What do you expect? We live in a desert.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

What do you expect? We live in a desert.

Yep - He is heading to bed right now - he was out at the fields with me to get everything closed up tonight so he is up WAY past his bedtime thanks to too many discussions after the games. One of the DBacks players is a parent in the leagues so the discussions were pretty intense!

Anyway - I told Joel that I saw a message on the forum that said "what do you expect" in reference to how hot it is and he didn't miss a beat - he said "Dad, you live in the desert!"

Yep...I'm looking for the pepperoni!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Yep - He is heading to bed right now - he was out at the fields with me to get everything closed up tonight so he is up WAY past his bedtime thanks to too many discussions after the games. One of the DBacks players is a parent in the leagues so the discussions were pretty intense!

Anyway - I told Joel that I saw a message on the forum that said "what do you expect" in reference to how hot it is and he didn't miss a beat - he said "Dad, you live in the desert!"

Yep...I'm looking for the pepperoni!
Pepperoni..........................

Anyway, that boy is sharp. Pretty soon he will be telling you haw to fix the jeep.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:41 PM
JK Freak

Pepperoni..........................

Anyway, that boy is sharp. Pretty soon he will be telling you haw to fix the jeep.
Yeah, so far he is the only one of the four that actually does help me when I'm working on the cars so I hope so!

As for the sharpness - hmmmm have to think about that.

Between being up on stage singing "who let the dogs out...." for the past few weeks and holding our husky while he "goosed" the dback's player and several other various interesting items he said over the microphone - sharp might not be the description but he sure was having a good time and the folks seemed to fall in love with him!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, so far he is the only one of the four that actually does help me when I'm working on the cars so I hope so!

As for the sharpness - hmmmm have to think about that.

Between being up on stage singing "who let the dogs out...." for the past few weeks and holding our husky while he "goosed" the dback's player and several other various interesting items he said over the microphone - sharp might not be the description but he sure was having a good time and the folks seemed to fall in love with him!
OK OK maybe not sharp......how about quick. You said he doesn't miss a beat.

LOL is it just like that one commercial.

Dad: "Pass me the limited edition, mint condition 3/4 inch wrench"
*child grabs one from toolbox and hands it to father*
Dad: "no the one in mint condition."

I always like to think it's no longer in mint condition after that.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 PM
JK Freak

OK OK maybe not sharp......how about quick. You said he doesn't miss a beat.

LOL is it just like that one commercial.

Dad: "Pass me the limited edition, mint condition 3/4 inch wrench"
*child grabs one from toolbox and hands it to father*
Dad: "no the one in mint condition."

I always like to think it's no longer in mint condition after that.
Definitely quick. This is the family's comedian too.

Mint condition - seemed to recall that meant untouched and still in proctective covering - but I don't think I have seen that one.

....but yes I have sent him to get things that even the 21 year old couldn't find - and he'll get it first time!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Definitely quick. This is the family's comedian too.

Mint condition - seemed to recall that meant untouched and still in proctective covering - but I don't think I have seen that one.

....but yes I have sent him to get things that even the 21 year old couldn't find - and he'll get it first time!
HA HA 50 bucks I couldn't even find it. :sad:

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher and Sun