Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Firestone destination all terrain

Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone destination all terrain

Has anybody ran these tire on there jeep i am thinking about trying just wondering how good they were or is there a better tire for snow highway and town driving that will last about 50,000 miles. not much off roading daily driver.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I worked for Firestone in the 80's & they were replacing the 500's they've had issues since with at least two other models. I loved my BFG A/T KO's . Don't remember the milage but they lasted almost 5 yrs on my Ramcharger.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

We've had the Firestone Destination M/T's for 9 months and love them.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Lui
JK Enthusiast

Ive run these. They're good silent highway tires that are great in the rain and last a good while. I reside in Florida so I can't attest to it's snow performance, but I do know that the tread pattern isn't the most aggressive for an A/T. I've also read good things about the goodyear duratracs.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have destination ATs on my Liberty and love them. They're quiet and handle well and a very predictable when they slide in the wet or snow. They were infinately better then the goodyear wrangler SR-As that came on it stock.

I run BFG KM2 MT tires on my wrangler. If I were to switch over to an AT tire, the destination ATs would be high on my list.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had these on my trailblazer. I thought they were great. Tirerack.com says they are the best all terrain tire out there.

Quick Reply: Firestone destination all terrain