Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Jeep.... Not sure what I should do! Help!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Johnathan: I agree fully, if I'm going to take the time and spend the money then I want it to be my jeep, I would rather add custom locking differentials and replace the front axle than have one that jeep thinks is good, but that is WAY on down the road
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Think of your new Jeep as a blank canvas, waiting for you to paint the picture you want. Don't know what you want? That's fine, wheel it stock for a little while. I've had my Jeep for 4 years, and I'm still slowly adding parts. I thought I wanted to build something for rocks, but life has changed and I'm moving in the directly of a expedition style.

When I bought my Jeep, I was blown away what it could handle bone stock with crappy factory tires. So take it out, enjoy it, and you'll soon start to develop a picture in your mind of what you want based on where you wheel and what type of terrain you run.

This forum is a very valuable source. Use the search button liberally - questions you have have probably been asked and answered dozens of times. And remember, opinions are like ********, we all have one.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive seen alot of low mileage tj jeeps out there for sale too!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a base 2-door sport would be a great choice!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AU-JK2013
So I'm about to buy my first jeep, I've had a truck and loved it but with the lift and tires the gas mileage was killing me. I am not sure about what to do with regards to getting a jeep.. I know I want a 4 door, but I don't have the $ to drop on a rubicon, unfortunately. Advice and ideas on what I should do is much appreciated! I know I'm going to get a Jk with a manual transmission, but that's about all I know at this point. This thread isn't meant to be overly specific I would just like to hear some ideas about what I should do from people with experience! Thanks a lot!
Gas mileage aint going to get any better with a jk my ram 2500 cummins gets 5-6 miles to the gal. better than my lifted JK.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

You can get a lot of the Rubicon components cheap through the classifieds on this forum. It's still not a Rubicon but I ordered a base and then bought offtake side steps, soft top, rubi wheel/tires, etc and it made for a nice setup, without spending a ton. That doesn't help if you're looking to go big on wheels, tires, etc but it's an inexpensive way to get closer to Rubi specs for a Sport. Just make sure you order the options you want that are hard to add later...
Old 03-28-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

rdh475how big is your jeep???
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hatchet Jones
rdh475how big is your jeep???
3.5" lift on 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ on beadlock rims.

Quick Reply: First Jeep.... Not sure what I should do! Help!