Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First time Jeep owner looking for some tips x vs Rubicon ect.....

Old 06-21-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Jeep owner looking for some tips x vs Rubicon ect.....

Hey dudes, whats going on. Hopefully by Monday i'll be the new owner of a 4 door JK either "x" or "rubicon".

I know the benefits of both and really the deciding factor on what i get is if i get a loan through the bank = X with a extra 4,000-5,000 bucks to throw into it right off the bat. Or a Stock rubicon if i finance it through the dealership.

My question is this, Where would you put the 4-5 grand ? I want to lift it and all that but I'm really new at this and dont know what the best stuff to get is... NOW i'm not a totall newb being that 2 years ago i owned a class 14 Ranger with 24 inches of travel up fron and 30 in the rear, full cage coil overs ect..... o.k i'm rambling bassically iwhat i'm saying is I dont want to take it down to Big O tires and say "hey fellers how'z bout jacking this baby up and slapping a show your tits sticker on the back of it" (in your best redneck voice.)

I will be doing some off roading in it, I'm a profesional wakeskater so i also need it to tow my boat down the lake (about 3 miles). What size lift, What brand, what size rims, tires, then where should i throw some money ? I'm thinking something cosmetic and practial but not sure.... Thanks again

-Brandon
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by piratewake
Hey dudes, whats going on. Hopefully by Monday i'll be the new owner of a 4 door JK either "x" or "rubicon".

I know the benefits of both and really the deciding factor on what i get is if i get a loan through the bank = X with a extra 4,000-5,000 bucks to throw into it right off the bat. Or a Stock rubicon if i finance it through the dealership.

My question is this, Where would you put the 4-5 grand ? I want to lift it and all that but I'm really new at this and dont know what the best stuff to get is... NOW i'm not a totall newb being that 2 years ago i owned a class 14 Ranger with 24 inches of travel up fron and 30 in the rear, full cage coil overs ect..... o.k i'm rambling bassically iwhat i'm saying is I dont want to take it down to Big O tires and say "hey fellers how'z bout jacking this baby up and slapping a show your tits sticker on the back of it" (in your best redneck voice.)

I will be doing some off roading in it, I'm a profesional wakeskater so i also need it to tow my boat down the lake (about 3 miles). What size lift, What brand, what size rims, tires, then where should i throw some money ? I'm thinking something cosmetic and practial but not sure.... Thanks again

-Brandon
I don't think you would be in the same place putting the money into an X like you would with a Rubicon. That said either one is a good vehicle and depending on where and how you offroad would be a deciding factor. Now as far as towing goes you need the 4.10 rear end so that would be the deciding factor.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks man, The only reason im thinking about the X is casue i would really like to have something to work on... Know what i meen ? I know that i can do it with the Rubicon as well Just seems like fun starting off the first week with my jeep throwing a lift on and all that........ As far as the gearing goes for towing, its not that much of a problem i have a full size chevy that can do it that my wife drives.... Thanks for you input though....

What do you have ? Also, How come there is so little talk about the Sahara ?

Quick Reply: First time Jeep owner looking for some tips x vs Rubicon ect.....