Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Flat Fender Flares

Old 06-16-2016, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Fender Flares

I'm going with a 2" leveling kit and 33" tires. I'm questioning whether or not I should get flat fenders. Will my tires look to small? Anyone have pics of this setup?
Old 06-16-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion, and it is totally subjective, it will not look so well. The 33" is only an inch larger than factory tires, so a half inch from wheel hub. With a 2" lift/level, and then opening up about 3 more inches with flares, it's going to a have a very large gap with a half inch bigger tire in the wheel well and an additional 5" of wheel well opening.

Again, my opinion is meaningless while talking about your property, but you asked. And no Jeeper is going to shun you, all Jeeps and Jeeperes are unique.... unless they are stock.

You'll be jonesing for 35" tires pretty quick I bet!

I'm sure it will be fine, but the biggest determining factor isn't what I or anyone likes near as much as what you like to see.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would do either the lift or the flats. Flats will give you the room you need for the 33's and will give you the look of around 4". No real reason to run a lift with flats. I would agree with Larry that you will find you want 35's pretty quick.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already want the 35s but at the moment they're a little out of reach as I'm trying to save up for college, unsuccessfully. Does anyone else have an incessant need to keep buying jeep parts??
Old 06-16-2016, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reedVL721
I already want the 35s but at the moment they're a little out of reach as I'm trying to save up for college, unsuccessfully. Does anyone else have an incessant need to keep buying jeep parts??

I have never felt the urge to just buy Jeep parts because I felt like it.......Got to go, just got a message from FedEx "Package Out For Delivery"

Quick Reply: Flat Fender Flares