Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Freaking UPS...

Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Freaking UPS...

I ordered some stuff from Northridge and checked last night... in KC... looks good... should be here on time today. The end of the day came and went, so I just checked and it went from the west coast to KC and then got on the wrong truck and is in PA right now. Rescheduled for delivery on Friday...

Anybody else have no luck when it comes to shipping?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

OH YEAH I FEEL YOU!!!!!!!!

UPS can kiss my butt!!!! I had my steering pulled ALL apart cause they were SUPPOSED to drop my new box mount off....... at like 730PM.... RESCHEDULED!!! I'm REALLY NOT LIKING THEM ANY MORE.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

They have lost a few packages of mine before...

Its funny how they always lose the stuff that you really cant wait to get...like Jeep parts and accesories!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPS has gotten horrible over the last few years. And they are continuing to raise their rates! I hate the postal service too, but not as much as I hate UPS. I wish there was a FedEx close to me, because in the past I've found their ground rates comparable to UPS and often much quicker.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hate UPS as well. After my Fuel tank let loose I ordered a New Tank and Sending unit. I only had Saturday to work on it.

Well I ordered the Tank and Sending unit. Paid a lot extra for 2 day service and Saturday delivery. I had a confirmed delivery time of 10-12. I even got the information from the vendor and called UPS for confirm the delivery time. They said it would probably be closer to 12 because of the route but assured me I would get it. I said ok.

Well Saturday comes and I make a quick run to the parts store. I get back at 9:30 and the UPS tag was already on my door. I was really upset and called UPS, it took me a while to get a hold of a real person. They said that was odd since their system didn't show delivery had been attempted yet. Then it popped up at 10:05. The driver must have printed two tags and waited till after 10 to scan it and log it. They said they would call the driver and see where he was. Well finally just after 1 the UPS driver showed up. He was really pissed and in normal clothes. I think they only work till 12 on sat. He was forced to delivery it afterward. It worked out in the end but It wasn't right to do that.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Former Vendor

I'd call that a plus for UPS. It sounds like the driver was the one who was trying to mess it up (probably to get done early for the day). UPS made it right and made the delivery person do their job.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

They have been great for me. never late or lost my stuff. KNOCK ON WOOD. i have some new 7028 pro comps on the way.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

UPS has always done me well also... the freight company Discount Tire Direct uses is horrible, it took them a month to deliver my wheels/tires.. and FEDEX is retarted they keep saying my address doesnt exist (The address is to a 10,000 sq. ft. building on a major road that has been there for 70 years and is directly next to a HUGE police precinct), lastly DHL somehow always loses small packages that are mailed to us. USPS has also done us well and seems to be cheapest most of the time.

When products are delivered via UPS I smile because I know I will get it on time.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

I cant stand UPS.... I stopped buying from NEWEGG because they went to UPS for their primary shipper. United Poor Service should be their name. What's worse when you pay for the Saturday delivery and they don't make it and you get it on Monday night at 9pm they NEVER say sorry and when you try to ask the driver a question why its late they say "Call the number on the label" So then you do call the number and finally get a hold of a real person the rep will tell you "We can only reimburse the company that shipped the item to you and then the company will have to reimburse you...." What a long line of crap to get your money back! I will alway drive WAY out of my way to get to a FedEx store.. FedEx isn't perfect but they will get right with out all the BS!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Former Vendor

Airborne is worse than any of these companies. It got to the point where I wouldn't deal with a company that I knew ships through Airborne.

Quick Reply: Freaking UPS...