JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Freedom Tops removed during Rainstorm (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/freedom-tops-removed-during-rainstorm-327432/)

Chitownpete 10-24-2015 12:37 PM

Freedom Tops removed during Rainstorm

I was driving home from a wedding and removed the freedom tops from my hardtop as the chance of rain was slim. With little warning the sky turned Black and before I could get off the highway the rain got so hard I had to put my wipers on the highest speed and still could barely see the road. I wasn't to upset about flooding my 4 week old 2015 Willys as I know how easily you can remove the interior and clean it out. Then I looked over at my wife and realized that at 55 MPH not a single drop of rain went into the interior even though it was an extremly hard rain. I decided to keep going as there was no traffic and I could maintain 55mph no problem. After the rain stopped I pulled over and could not find a single drop of water anywhere. It was kind of cool looking up at the storm with the panels off. I'm just glad I wasn't in my 350z with the top down. Needless to say, I was quite happy.

King_ 10-24-2015 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chitownpete (Post 4154552)
I was driving home from a wedding and removed the freedom tops from my hardtop as the chance of rain was slim. With little warning the sky turned Black and before I could get off the highway the rain got so hard I had to put my wipers on the highest speed and still could barely see the road. I wasn't to upset about flooding my 4 week old 2015 Willys as I know how easily you can remove the interior and clean it out. Then I looked over at my wife and realized that at 55 MPH not a single drop of rain went into the interior even though it was an extremly hard rain. I decided to keep going as there was no traffic and I could maintain 55mph no problem. After the rain stopped I pulled over and could not find a single drop of water anywhere. It was kind of cool looking up at the storm with the panels off. I'm just glad I wasn't in my 350z with the top down. Needless to say, I was quite happy.

Welcome to owning a JK:rock::driving:

Alp1n3 10-24-2015 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chitownpete (Post 4154552)

lol great story for later man. These are what makes owning a jeep fun haha

JKFive-O 10-25-2015 07:57 PM

This reminds me of when I was a kid and swore that if I just ran my fastest I wouldn't get wet in the rain. But I'm glad your Jeep stayed dry. It is a pain to dry out even if it doesn't cause damage.

Chitownpete 10-25-2015 08:10 PM

I'll admit, it's rarely a dull moment in this thing. The best is the look on peoples faces when they find out I got a Jeep. I've always been a sports car guy. I guess on nice weekends I still am, if only for a few hours. My JK is the best Urban Assault vehicle I've ever had.