Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Freedom Tops removed during Rainstorm

Old 10-24-2015, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Tops removed during Rainstorm

I was driving home from a wedding and removed the freedom tops from my hardtop as the chance of rain was slim. With little warning the sky turned Black and before I could get off the highway the rain got so hard I had to put my wipers on the highest speed and still could barely see the road. I wasn't to upset about flooding my 4 week old 2015 Willys as I know how easily you can remove the interior and clean it out. Then I looked over at my wife and realized that at 55 MPH not a single drop of rain went into the interior even though it was an extremly hard rain. I decided to keep going as there was no traffic and I could maintain 55mph no problem. After the rain stopped I pulled over and could not find a single drop of water anywhere. It was kind of cool looking up at the storm with the panels off. I'm just glad I wasn't in my 350z with the top down. Needless to say, I was quite happy.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chitownpete
I was driving home from a wedding and removed the freedom tops from my hardtop as the chance of rain was slim. With little warning the sky turned Black and before I could get off the highway the rain got so hard I had to put my wipers on the highest speed and still could barely see the road. I wasn't to upset about flooding my 4 week old 2015 Willys as I know how easily you can remove the interior and clean it out. Then I looked over at my wife and realized that at 55 MPH not a single drop of rain went into the interior even though it was an extremly hard rain. I decided to keep going as there was no traffic and I could maintain 55mph no problem. After the rain stopped I pulled over and could not find a single drop of water anywhere. It was kind of cool looking up at the storm with the panels off. I'm just glad I wasn't in my 350z with the top down. Needless to say, I was quite happy.
Welcome to owning a JK
Old 10-24-2015, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chitownpete
lol great story for later man. These are what makes owning a jeep fun haha
Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This reminds me of when I was a kid and swore that if I just ran my fastest I wouldn't get wet in the rain. But I'm glad your Jeep stayed dry. It is a pain to dry out even if it doesn't cause damage.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

I'll admit, it's rarely a dull moment in this thing. The best is the look on peoples faces when they find out I got a Jeep. I've always been a sports car guy. I guess on nice weekends I still am, if only for a few hours. My JK is the best Urban Assault vehicle I've ever had.

Quick Reply: Freedom Tops removed during Rainstorm