Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front calipers not releasing

Old 03-19-2023, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front calipers not releasing

I installed big brake system front and rear for better braking power. They worked great for 6 months then the right front caliper started not releasing. Let it sit for a while it would release. A couple weeks later both front calipers were the same. I called the company and they replaced them no Questions asked but now 6 months after the newer ones installed it is happening again. The right front caliper has started not to release. No issues with the back brakes. The brakes work great other than that, pedal is firm and fluid reservoir is full, I installed longer braided lines as well.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 468 Likes on 420 Posts

Most of the time these so called brake upgrades do not have the same caliper piston sealing components as the factory type and weather related environment (crap, dust, water, salt etc) migrate into the edge of the piston area and prevent the return of the piston when releasing because there is a buildup. Or the outer seals (where they might be now) just don't work properly after a while. Those seals, where equipped, should be made from rubber not synthetic.
The following users liked this post:
resharp001 (03-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Front calipers not releasing