Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front End Removeable Winch mounts?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Curt also makes a front hitch. "Looks" stronger to me and also seems like it might sit up a tad higher from the ground.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both the Hidden Hitch and Curt frame-mount receivers are straightforward to install and strong. I have the Hidden Hitch, and welded a solid angled ball mount to a steel plate for my carry platform. Would doing this to the winch cradle raise it enough?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
So you have the ability to cut steal and weld it to actually fab something yourself?
Yea I have been cutting welding and fabricating 25yrs. I think you can get it up on top and still be easily removed you could use the factroy bumper without the plastic cover with a little reinforcing or any after market bumper that top mounts a winch. Youre idea has interested me as I have never liked the current options for a removable winch.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RDH475
Youre idea has interested me as I have never liked the current options for a removable winch.
And the more I start shopping around....neither do I.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Four Low
Both the Hidden Hitch and Curt frame-mount receivers are straightforward to install and strong. I have the Hidden Hitch, and welded a solid angled ball mount to a steel plate for my carry platform. Would doing this to the winch cradle raise it enough?
Would love to see a pic of this. Having some trouble envisioning what you're saying.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
And the more I start shopping around....neither do I.
Send me a P.M. if you would like me to sketch you up some ideas I have rolling around in my head.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Found this thread looking for a way to quick disconnect the winch power as well as the solenoid/control box mounted under the hood.

Pronghorn Overland has a bumper system with a winch mount that lets you attach the winch on the front, rear or side of the JK.

Quick Reply: Front End Removeable Winch mounts?