Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front Passenger Seat

Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Passenger Seat

Why did they make the passenger seat no do the same as the TJ. It is hard for my son to keep getting in and out of. The seat doesn't fold all the way up like the old jeeps. And the seat belt is attached to the seat. Am i doing something wrong, is there a way the seat goes farther up. Also can some one tell me how tall my tires are. I use to have 31x10.5 on my 98 Tj sahara. I have crome rime and these tires and don't know how to tell how tall they are.

Thank

2007 X 2 door
Black
Soft top
245/75/16
Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckj
Why did they make the passenger seat no do the same as the TJ. It is hard for my son to keep getting in and out of. The seat doesn't fold all the way up like the old jeeps. And the seat belt is attached to the seat. Am i doing something wrong, is there a way the seat goes farther up. Also can some one tell me how tall my tires are. I use to have 31x10.5 on my 98 Tj sahara. I have crome rime and these tires and don't know how to tell how tall they are.

Thank

2007 X 2 door
Black
Soft top
245/75/16
You aren't doing anything wrong, they do not tilt and fold like the old ones, and yes it sucks. The top lever, (vertical one) if you push it towards the rear will release the seat recline so it tilts forward, and releases the rails so it will slide at the same time, but that is it. Not much room to get through there at all. And yes, the seatbelt placement on that side is beyond cosmicly stupid.

There have been a few threads on this in the past, it is probably because of all the passenger airbag crappola they stuck under the seat.

There are a few online tire calculators. One is Here:

Watch them though. They say my tires are 32.1". But when measured on the Jeep they are in reality 31" (rim width & vehicle weight will change the basic height from the calculated ones slightly)

This is as far as it will go at full tilt and slide:

Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems that on the 2008 model the seat belt will be attached to the floor. Hopefully they will provide a retrofit kit for the 2007 models.

Quick Reply: Front Passenger Seat