Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fuse keeps going out

Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fuse keeps going out

Any ideas as to why a fuse keeps blowing? In my 2008, there is a fuse for the passenger side tail light and a fuse for the driver side tail light. The fuse for the passenger side tail light keeps blowing. It blows immediately. I will install the new fuse, turn on the lights, and it will blow right away. I am using the correct size 15 amp fuse.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

If it's blowing like that, then you have a short in that circuit.. wire rubbed through and grounding...
Old 07-24-2017, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. I used the search feature and found lots of info and I am pretty certain that the culprit is the tow hookup that a crackhead at Uhaul installed. It is wired to the license plate bulb and I was concerned about the hack job the moment I saw it. I looked at the tow electric plugs that are near the hitch and they are completely fried. The license plate frame bulb is in the M18 circuit.

Quick Reply: Fuse keeps going out