Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

G.E.A.R seatcovers by Smittybilt(willys!!)

Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canvas Seat Covers

This rocks. I was wondering if anyone has anyone seen canvas covers around that could go in back to match? I looked for a few hours and couldn't find any.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
Could you post a front view of the seat covers. Do they cover the seat bottoms or are they just straps to mount the storage bags?
Bump this. I was wondering the same thing.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

I was wondering about mixing seatcovers with the side airbags......

What happens if you get in a wreck with the seatcovers on?? Do you get blown out the windshield or what????
Old 11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a front in OD but its on backorder. They said it would ship next week. I havent seen a front view but I kinda get the impression from the avaliable pictures that it looks like the back does minus the velcro strips, might be wrong though. And I dont have side air bags but I imagine if you did you could just leave the one strap where the airbag deploys unvelcroed. Also maybe the back is too small for the unlimited JK but I wonder if it could be used on the largest part of the back seat, and just snug up the velcro straps tighter that way the two pieces could fold down indipendantly, Just an idea. I give a report when I get it, if I really like it I will get another for the front(and maybe back)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those seat covers are awesome! Molle/Pals was a few years after my time; I wish I would have had the modularity that Molle/Pals gear offers. Are we sure they will fit the JK front seats? I want a set of Coyote Brown.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by C_Kyle
Those seat covers are awesome! Molle/Pals was a few years after my time; I wish I would have had the modularity that Molle/Pals gear offers. Are we sure they will fit the JK front seats? I want a set of Coyote Brown.
There's another thread somewhere around here with a letter from Smittybilt saying they would.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seat cover shipped today. I will be able to report on it in acouple days. There is a picture of it front and back in an insert in the most recent Offroad Adventures mag. Insert page 7
Old 12-08-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Looks like you might have some trouble folding down the rear seats if you have stuff in the pockets on the rear of the front seats ... just something to think about.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Fallen Hero

Subscribing. I wonder if they plan on making a A.C.U digital camo color.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

It arrived today and I installed it on the drivers seat. The fit is pretty good, not perfect but okay. The top velcro attachments on each side are unuseable due to the taper of the seat at the top, but it still fits tight despite that. There is tons of adjustment in the velcro attachments. And if you have side airbags you could just leave one strap unvelcroed. You have coverage front and back on the seat but not complete coverage. It is heavy fabric with a plastic vapor barrier under the 'seat' part. Pouches are cool and you have attachment points at seat back as well as in front of the seat between your legs and the sides near the seat adjustment knobs. I wish I could post pictures to do it justice. Like I said, not a perfect fit but pretty close and I will fiddle with fit more tomorrow. I would definately recommend and I will be getting one more for the passsenger seat.

Quick Reply: G.E.A.R seatcovers by Smittybilt(willys!!)