Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

G.M. and Chrysler Explore Merger?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.M. and Chrysler Explore Merger?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/general-...ng-merger.html

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27125828
Old 10-10-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now...this might could actually work. Thing is, it doesn't belong here, cause it ain't a rumor. It's a FACT that they are talking about it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Thing is, it doesn't belong here
Why not? The rumor mill forum is loaded with non-rumor posts.. It's perfectly in line with obvious intent of the forum.

With regard to the possibility of GM and Chrysler merging... Hummer will likely be sold (or simply shut down), Jeep comes aboard, which is a product line GM has coveted for 20 years.

Maybe Wranglers will get a decent 5 or 6 speed automatic, and a higher output V6 or small block V8.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

Yes they were talking before no more!

GM, Chrysler merger talks suspended-Wall St Journal

WASHINGTON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - General Motors (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) has been in preliminary talks about acquiring Chrysler LLC, but the talks were suspended due to the upheaval in financial markets, the Wall Street Journal reported late on Friday. (Writing by Eric Walsh)
Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Widewing
Why not? The rumor mill forum is loaded with non-rumor posts.. It's perfectly in line with obvious intent of the forum.

With regard to the possibility of GM and Chrysler merging... Hummer will likely be sold (or simply shut down), Jeep comes aboard, which is a product line GM has coveted for 20 years.

Maybe Wranglers will get a decent 5 or 6 speed automatic, and a higher output V6 or small block V8.

My regards,

Widewing
Right. The LS series engines would be nice.

All I simply meant was that this is a FACT and not a rumor. That's all. I mean, there's some MEAT to it cause it's all over the news and online. It's TRUE. Not a rumor, know what I mean? Now, as to wether or not it happens...who knows? I wonder what GM would do with the HEMI?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

If Chrysler is to merge with anyone, it should be with a company that is actually doing well, and makes high quality products. You know, one that isn't about to go Chapter 11...

I wouldn't want a Grand Cherokee that's a Trailblazer with a Jeep badge on it. Half the GM line-up is pretty much the same damn car already..
Old 10-11-2008, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
If Chrysler is to merge with anyone, it should be with a company that is actually doing well, and makes high quality products. You know, one that isn't about to go Chapter 11...

I wouldn't want a Grand Cherokee that's a Trailblazer with a Jeep badge on it. Half the GM line-up is pretty much the same damn car already..
I know what you're saying, but unfortunately the only companies doing well are foreign . I would prefer this to foreign ownership, and hope for the best.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot

I don't think that would be the case. Chrysler has the tool and die for all of their own seperate models now. GM wouldn't need to change a thing....at least for one model year. Think about this....When Diamler Benz was on the scene, they didn't change much at all.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Default Put a Bowtie On That Jeep

I'd put this under the rumor mill, but it's not a rumor. GM and Chrysler merger in the works. Holy s***!!!!

General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC have held preliminary talks about a merger or an acquisition of Chrysler by GM, according to published reports Saturday.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/11/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
Old 10-11-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Anyway, I'm not really affraid of the future of Jeep. It's not the first time that something like that happens in the history of Jeep.

Quick Reply: G.M. and Chrysler Explore Merger?