Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

gettin some goodies next week!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on! looking good
Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

thanks guys, yeah it looks sweet now! and she rides like a dream now. i trail tested her this weekend. she passed with flying colors! tires are awesome. my buddys got an FJ with terra grapplers and we found a super steep hill with a really rough face on it. he tried about 6 or 7 times and kept getting stuck at the top, so i said let me give it a go. first try no problems whatsoever. he was pretty pissed. lol. but seriously i couldnt be happier. only problem is they dont look nearly as good in the pictures as they do in person. they look SOOOO much better bigger and meaner!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you have to add or replace other than the coils? Shock extensions? Bump stops? Sway bar links? Brake brackets? Track bar bracket? And how much lift do you get out of this? I've got a 2dr and can get some 4dr Rubicon take-off springs easily...
Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Nice job on the upgrade. Something worth thinking about.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MoTec
What do you have to add or replace other than the coils? Shock extensions? Bump stops? Sway bar links? Brake brackets? Track bar bracket? And how much lift do you get out of this? I've got a 2dr and can get some 4dr Rubicon take-off springs easily...
just get some rubicon shocks bud. they work so much better and are worth the money. you dont need anything else. check the project JK for the 2.5" budget boost directions and use those. just skip the steps that involve the budget boost parts. its easy to do. and you dont have to disco your trackbar. i got roughly 2 inches in front and 1 inch in back. and it sits so much better and performs WAY better! by far the best $200 i coulda spent on it. let me know if you need and advice or anything.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STINKBAIT
just get some rubicon shocks bud. they work so much better and are worth the money. you dont need anything else. check the project JK for the 2.5" budget boost directions and use those. just skip the steps that involve the budget boost parts. its easy to do. and you dont have to disco your trackbar. i got roughly 2 inches in front and 1 inch in back. and it sits so much better and performs WAY better! by far the best $200 i coulda spent on it. let me know if you need and advice or anything.
Cool deal. I may have to give that a shot as I can get some of those springs for free.

Quick Reply: gettin some goodies next week!