Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Getting either 2011 Sahara or Rubi - need price and order time help...

Old 10-03-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Getting either 2011 Sahara or Rubi - need price and order time help...

I tested both this weekend. Have two questions/problems. I really like natural green which would require me to order it from the factor, given the specific options I want...and I would likely get a sahara. Alternatively, the dealer has a rubi in black ready to go, fully loaded, asking $35 and change. My questions are as follow:

1. I have seen some websites that tell you how to "negotiate" and claim to know dealer price, etc. etc. Anyone have a GOOD site or have info on dealer prices, incentives and holdbacks, so I know how much room I have.

2. If I do a factory order, the dealer told me the next batch of wranglers are set to go into production September 13th and that it takes "6 to 8 weeks total so I should have it be mid to late November." Anyone have experience or provide any color on whether or not 6 to 8 weeks is real?

Any other advise would be great too. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyut3
I tested both this weekend. Have two questions/problems. I really like natural green which would require me to order it from the factor, given the specific options I want...and I would likely get a sahara. Alternatively, the dealer has a rubi in black ready to go, fully loaded, asking $35 and change. My questions are as follow:

1. I have seen some websites that tell you how to "negotiate" and claim to know dealer price, etc. etc. Anyone have a GOOD site or have info on dealer prices, incentives and holdbacks, so I know how much room I have.

2. If I do a factory order, the dealer told me the next batch of wranglers are set to go into production September 13th and that it takes "6 to 8 weeks total so I should have it be mid to late November." Anyone have experience or provide any color on whether or not 6 to 8 weeks is real?

Hi---Not sure if any carmax locations carry new Vehicles --but the one in Los Angeles Near LAX already has 2011 and they are discounting..

h ttp://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=0&id=6889382&N=4294967054+4294967 053&D=50&zip=92610&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No =0&Ep=homepage:homepage%20Make&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List& Us=2&CD=203+662+14+240+190+398+9&Q=b9f426d8-b7d3-4d95-91f5-0a94355bafee
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyut3

i would wait for 2012 diesel
Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

I would try another dealer. Sounds like they are trying to get you to rush...

I did a search for you from NY City zip 11040 and I found a bunch of 2011s.

This dealer:

Westbury Jeep Chrysler Dodge
100 Jericho Turnpike Westbury, NY 11590

seemed to have the biggest stock, I found a green Sahara there for you (I attached a link)... Check it out. If they are too far, your dealer should be able to get you either that one or another. Jeeps are out there, make the dealer work for you and if they don't want to, find another dealer.

w ww.westburyjeep.com/new/Jeep/2011-Jeep-Wrangler+Unlimited-652a04fa0a0a0064012cfd62ffd0b82e.htm

You can use Edmunds to find a new Jeep near your zip.

w ww.edmunds.com/popupinfo/aboutnewcarinventory.html

Once you find it search JK-Forum for "Tread Lightly". You pay $25 to join Tread Lightly and one of the benefits is that you can buy Chrysler vehicles for 1% under invoice. This will help take a huge chunk out of the initial sticker. I used a similar deal for an 2011 Sahara and I got the dealer down to $29K with my options. I should see it this week, fingers crossed.

Last edited by Absolute; 10-03-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Please no clickable links to non sponser sites

Quick Reply: Getting either 2011 Sahara or Rubi - need price and order time help...