Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

getting them to stop / hood on windshield

Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting them to stop / hood on windshield

I know, we all do it. but when its ours we take the time and usually stick something inbetween. but on a close to 40k jeep, dang it dealership use the rod!!!!! so how do you guys get people not to do it when your not around?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are at the dealership and you see this happening, that is when you IMMEDIATELY ask to speak with the service manager to get it corrected. If you dont, and your hood or windshield get damaged, you dont have much recourse, but if you bring it up to the manager at the time its happening you will cover your ass all around.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I've been thinking about getting another set of those rubber nubbies that are on the hood for when the windshield is down. Then strategically mounting them on the hood so it protects the hood when it's put all the back.

I like the ability to put the hood out of my way when I'm working under the hood....but I have no idea, why Jeep wouldn't make something to protect the metal to metal contact.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't take it back to the dealership or a shop..try to do everything myself....so far so good
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	teraflex hood struts2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	306094  

Quick Reply: getting them to stop / hood on windshield