JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Girls dont do the jeep wave?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/girls-dont-do-jeep-wave-267323/)

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 01:46 PM

Girls dont do the jeep wave??

I'm in NW Florida and every girl driving a wrangler doesn't wave. What's the deal??

Rednroll 03-10-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hayzo7 (Post 3467625)
I'm in NW Florida and every girl driving a wrangler doesn't wave. What's the deal??

Maybe you're too ugly or scary looking?:what?:

They wave to me all the time and often initiate the wave. :dontknow2:

DesolationMania 03-10-2013 02:18 PM

I've noticed gals just don't seem to do the wave much, especially the ones in mall crawlers.

RUF/NEK2 03-10-2013 02:21 PM

Most of the girls down here are too busy texting or doing their make up to wave, but that doesn't stop me. Gives me an excuse to wave at every cutie driving a wrangler:thumbsup:

Freewill 03-10-2013 02:26 PM

Mall crawler drivers rarely wave regardless of their plumbing.

Out west the rest of the Jeep ladies wave as much as the guys.

SPCmario 03-10-2013 02:43 PM

The girls here in Louisiana do the jeep wave but that doesn't surprise me considering the amount of females that drive lifted vehicles and wheel them in those state

shockwaveaz 03-10-2013 02:58 PM

I don't wave to the four doors unless they are lifted. Usually soccer moms and Dads that have no clue what a Jeep Thing is.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

shockwaveaz 03-10-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3467656)
Maybe you're too ugly or scary looking?:what?:

They wave to me all the time and often initiate the wave. :dontknow2:

That's cruel

jeep-creep 03-10-2013 03:17 PM

I'm in, destin...there are so many jeeps around...I couldn't wave at them all. I get snubbed by TJ's more than anything. I'm noticing that the more "modded" the jeep is, lifted, wheels, etc...that they wave more than most.

NaptownJK 03-10-2013 03:18 PM

Over here in Annapolis md it seems like girls are the only ones that wave back, besides non jk drivers they always wave regardless. Maybe they like my big tires.

carolinajk 03-10-2013 04:01 PM

most here wave , two or four doors , enthusiastically too !

Rednroll 03-10-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz (Post 3467725)
I don't wave to the four doors unless they are lifted. Usually soccer moms and Dads that have no clue what a Jeep Thing is.

Actually, I get waved at by quite a few soccer moms and dads in business suits in the 4 door JKs. So maybe you guys are really just that ugly where people are afraid to wave at you, or you should learn to stop judging people based upon your preconceived stigma's and look a little more friendlier and these types of people might start waving at you. A Jeep, is a Jeep, is a Jeep and I wave at all of them. If you don't realize this, then maybe it's YOU who doesn't have a clue what a Jeep This is.:wink:

Red Wings 03-10-2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3467878)
Actually, I get waved at by quite a few soccer moms and dads in business suits in the 4 door JKs. So maybe you guys are really just that ugly where people are afraid to wave at you, or you should learn to stop judging people based upon your preconceived stigma's and look a little more friendlier and these types of people might start waving at you. A Jeep, is a Jeep, is a Jeep and I wave at all of them. If you don't realize this, then maybe it's YOU who doesn't have a clue what a Jeep This is.:wink:

What he said.

dahreno 03-10-2013 05:47 PM

Alot of people buy a jeep only to use 4wd if they have to , not to actually go wheeling. These are the people that have no idea of the jeep lifestyle .

Rednroll 03-10-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dahreno (Post 3468019)
Alot of people buy a jeep only to use 4wd if they have to , not to actually go wheeling. These are the people that have no idea of the jeep lifestyle .

Let me get this straight now, so what you're saying is that people only know about the Jeep lifestyle if they go wheeling?:what?:

It seems like a lot of you seem to have a lot of unwritten "rules" to become a part of this elite "Jeep lifestyle" wave club you keep referring to. Maybe, if this wasn't such an elite and exclusive club that some of you are trying to create, to put your egos at a higher state of being than other driving Wranglers, then maybe more people driving JK's would wave to you guys more often huh? Or God forbid, if some of these people who don't go wheeling initiate a wave and get you to wave back huh?

dahreno 03-10-2013 06:33 PM

Hey rednroll , don't wave to me , I won't wave back . You only drive a Sahara HA HA ! I am only saying that alot of people have no idea there are forums you can go to , to learn about jeeps and other things . I am not saying that I am part of an elite group . You just have to look into the wheeling community to find some things out . How else would one know about the jeep wave ? How did you find out ? Osmosis ? By the way , now that I think about it , I am part of the Jeeping elite . I drive this . You may bow now ![IMG]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...dingetc039.jpg[/IMG]

Rednroll 03-10-2013 06:49 PM

How did I find out? When I 1st bought my JK my best friend went to the dealer to drop me off, so I could drive her home. He told me he had driven a CJ years ago and told me about the wave. He never wheeled his CJ. I had friends over one night that same week, where my friend's daughter was an 18 year old driving a TJ and she was envious of my JKU, but asked me, "Don't you love the Jeep Wave every time another Wrangler passes you?".

A friend I work with drive's a Corvette and saw my JKU when I 1st got it. He said to me, "hey you know Wranglers wave at each other when they pass, it's pretty cool....people in Vette's do the same type of thing".

So yeah, within 1 week of me purchasing my JKU, 3 people had told me about the Jeep wave and NONE of them were wheelers and 2 of them didn't even currently own a Jeep, and the other one fell into that group of "Girls Don't wave" club this thread is talking about.

dahreno 03-10-2013 06:55 PM

Rednroll , so serious ,lighten up man ! To be honest with you though , I am the first person to stop and help a fellow wheeler if they have a problem on road or the trail . I really don't care if someone waves or not . I live in a 4 wheeling community , there are to many jeeps and other 4 wheelers here to be concerned about a wave .

shockwaveaz 03-10-2013 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3467878)

Let me guess. ..this is your first Jeep. You schooling me on the Jeep thing.... Thanks. You don't know me. I have been a Jeeper for over 20 years. Let me tell you that the scene has changed. Waving doesn't make you special and there is no elite club you are talking about. You don't have to feel left out. It just doesn't exist.

You need to chill out dude; it's not that serious. You are here because you love your Jeep. I think that's great. Was personally attacking me really necessary? I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

Attachment 680123

Rednroll 03-10-2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz (Post 3468231)
Let me guess. ..this is your first Jeep. You schooling me on the Jeep thing. Thanks. You don't know me. You should know that I have been a Jeeper for over 20 years. Let me tell you that the scene had changed. Waving doesn't make you special and there is no elite club you are talking about. You don't have to feel left out. It just doesn't exist.

You need to chill out dude; it's not that serious. You are here because you love your Jeep. I think that's great. Was personally attacking me really necessarily? I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I mean it. I'm sorry.

http://www.imgur.com/TL8wqSY.gif

Sorry, you felt like I was attacking you because I pointed out how closed minded you are being and how set in your ways you have grown accustom. Maybe, YOU need to lighten up Francis, because I didn't feel like I was personally attacking you at all, just pointed out your obvious closed minded behavior.

and YES, I am schooling you and owning my 1st Jeep, because you obviously need to be schooled, since here you go again with this snobbish know it all behavior, of "I've been driving Jeeps since 1942, this is my 80th Jeep owned and I know everything, and you know nothing bullsh*t." I guess, your stubborn and snobbish personality didn't catch on the 1st time when I tried to point these things out to you in a nice manor, so now you want to bring that B.S. attitude at me, to further prove the exact point I'm talking about. Thanks!!!

How about you tell me, how you're in some elite off road club, where you and your buddies in that club have regular weekly Jeep wave meetings, so you can once again put yourself on a pedestal, above other Jeepers and explain how all the rest of us are just too stupid to not get this "Jeep thing"?

shockwaveaz 03-10-2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3468245)
Sorry, you felt like I was attacking you because I pointed out how closed minded you are being and how set in your ways you have grown accustom. Maybe, YOU need to lighten up Francis, because I didn't feel like I was personally attacking you at all, just pointed out your obvious closed minded behavior.

and YES, I am schooling you and owning my 1st Jeep, because you obviously need to be schooled, since here you go again with this snobbish know it all behavior, of "I've been driving Jeeps since 1942, this is my 80th Jeep owned and I know everything, and you know nothing bullsh*t." I guess, your stubborn and snobbish personality didn't catch on the 1st time when I tried to point these things out to you in a nice manor, so now you want to bring that B.S. attitude at me, to further prove the exact point I'm talking about. Thanks!!!

How about you tell me, how you're in some elite off road club, where you and your buddies in that club have regular weekly Jeep wave meetings, so you can once again put yourself on a pedestal, above other Jeepers and explain how all the rest of us are just too stupid to not get this "Jeep thing"?

I just apologized to you. It wasn't even really necessary and then you attack me again. What is wrong with you?

I'm not going to post in this thread again. Because it is getting off topic. To the op.. I'm sorry about your thread. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted. :beer:

Rednroll 03-10-2013 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by dahreno (Post 3468186)
Rednroll , so serious ,lighten up man ! To be honest with you though , I am the first person to stop and help a fellow wheeler if they have a problem on road or the trail . I really don't care if someone waves or not . I live in a 4 wheeling community , there are to many jeeps and other 4 wheelers here to be concerned about a wave .

Seems ironic since you seem so concerned about joining in and debating in a discussion about waving then huh?:thinking:

Trail JK 03-10-2013 07:49 PM

I'm a girl, I wave when I see another jeep but only between texting and make up lol. ;)

k0260 03-10-2013 07:57 PM

It does seem kinda rare, but I do get waves from jeep sisters from time to time.:thumbsup:

k0260 03-10-2013 07:59 PM

Also the posts further down, please keep it civil with one another...:yup:

Rednroll 03-10-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz (Post 3468247)
I just apologized to you. It wasn't even really necessary and then you attack me again. What is wrong with you?

I'm not going to post in this thread again. Because it is getting off topic. To the op.. I'm sorry about your thread. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted. :beer:

Maybe you need to work on your apologies then, because you accused me of attacking you, you fed your ego some more by saying "sorry I hurt your feelings", and then you told me I need to lighten up. I have a hard time finding an apology in all that. It looked like a bunch of passive aggressive insults thrown at me. Maybe if you'ld learn to "lighten up", then maybe you wouldn't come across so much as being passive aggressive in your apologies then huh?

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 08:07 PM

I have had my jeep for about 2 months. I wave at eery jeep I pass. Modded or stock. It was just something I've noticed. No need for people to fight.

Rednroll 03-10-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hayzo7 (Post 3468296)
I have had my jeep for about 2 months. I wave at eery jeep I pass. Modded or stock. It was just something I've noticed. No need for people to fight.

I agree. There's also no need for people to "categorize" and "generalize" other Jeepers and that's exactly what is going on in this thread. That is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

k0260 03-10-2013 08:16 PM

Please stay on topic

dahreno 03-10-2013 08:23 PM

Man , lighten up you guys , I know I was just playing around ! Sorry if I offended anyone ! It's just a wave .There I'm done .

bluebear 03-10-2013 08:50 PM

I had a female wave at me today..quite surprised.

Rednroll 03-10-2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3468306)
Please stay on topic

Ok, I'll re-emphasize on my original point then. "If" you feel "Girls don't do the Jeep wave", then maybe you need to consider there might be other reasons for them not waving at you. Try not to make excuses like "Girls just don't know about the Jeep thing". "Girls don't wheel their Jeeps". "The 4 door is driven by a bunch of soccer moms and they ruined the Jeep wave." These things are ALL a bunch of excuses to deflect that YOU may actually be part of the problem as to why they are not waving at you. I'll tell you, that EVERY girl that I met who drives a Jeep, and have spoken to in person and realizes I also drive a Jeep are pretty passionate about their Jeeps and know about the Jeep wave. In fact, chances are that if a girl is driving a Jeep Wrangler which is more of a "male" market segment vehicle, you can bet she's pretty passionate about the vehicle she's driving.

However, Girls do have to be a bit more cautious when waving at strangers and I'm sure since most of you guys might be able to realize you're in the opposite/stronger sex group, there could be some risks involved if you're female.

What I have personally experienced is that girls in on coming Jeeps tend to wave often to me and I smile and wave back.....when I'm driving by myself. When my wife is riding with me, I notice that girl jeepers don't tend to wave to me as often. Why? I have a feeling, "Girls" like to avoid unnecessary conflicts whenever possible, and it is pretty much girl code, that if you're being friendly to another woman's man, then chances are you might upset that other woman. So maybe, that's why I tend to notice girls don't wave at me as much when my wife is riding with me, or maybe I look a lot scarier with that look of stress on my face, when my wife is present?:thinking: Or maybe.....just maybe, that girl in that Jeep, that I'm waving at thinks that I look really creepy, and she may feel that if she waves at me, that might send the wrong message to me, that I may think she some how likes me, because she sent me a friendly Jeep wave, where I might turn around and start to pursue her, so I can track her down and ask her for her phone number or ask her to go out on a Jeepin' date. So, instead of risking that scenario, and since she already feels like I look like a totally creepy dude to begin with, she just decides to not even risk that scenario and decides to not even give a wave my way.

In all these thread discussions, about the wave, I always hear the same excuses...."Soccer moms, don't wave"...."Unmodded JKU's don't wave."...."Girls don't wave."....etc...etc. Not once, have I heard anyone say, "Ya know????:thinking: Maybe??.....just maybe??....Mrs. Soccer mom doesn't wave to me, because I look like an old, fat, sloppy, hairy, toothless, dirt bag, slob looking psychopath."

Honestly, all the "categories" that I see people in this forum making of people who generally don't wave, seem to wave to me all the time, which leads me to believe, that maybe???? Just maybe???:thinking: It might be the other person they're looking at, as to why they decided not to wave. :dontknow2:

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

You got issues dude. I'm in my late twenties and in the military. If a soccer mom wants to drive a JKU then let her. That doesn't diminish owning a jeep. I don't know who pissed in your Cheerios but if I notice that most of the girls around here don't wave that doesn't have anything to do with me or what I look like.

RHD-Manx2 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3468366)

Ok, I'll re-emphasize on my original point then. "If" you feel "Girls don't do the Jeep wave", then maybe you need to consider there might be other reasons for them not waving at you. Try not to make excuses like "Girls just don't know about the Jeep thing". "Girls don't wheel their Jeeps". "The 4 door is driven by a bunch of soccer moms and they ruined the Jeep wave." These things are ALL a bunch of excuses to deflect that YOU may actually be part of the problem as to why they are not waving at you. I'll tell you, that EVERY girl that I met who drives a Jeep, and have spoken to in person and realizes I also drive a Jeep are pretty passionate about their Jeeps and know about the Jeep wave. In fact, chances are that if a girl is driving a Jeep Wrangler which is more of a "male" market segment vehicle, you can bet she's pretty passionate about the vehicle she's driving.

However, Girls do have to be a bit more cautious when waving at strangers and I'm sure since most of you guys might be able to realize you're in the opposite/stronger sex group, there could be some risks involved if you're female.

What I have personally experienced is that girls in on coming Jeeps tend to wave often to me and I smile and wave back.....when I'm driving by myself. When my wife is riding with me, I notice that girl jeepers don't tend to wave to me as often. Why? I have a feeling, "Girls" like to avoid unnecessary conflicts whenever possible, and it is pretty much girl code, that if you're being friendly to another woman's man, then chances are you might upset that other woman. So maybe, that's why I tend to notice girls don't wave at me as much when my wife is riding with me, or maybe I look a lot scarier with that look of stress on my face, when my wife is present?:thinking: Or maybe.....just maybe, that girl in that Jeep, that I'm waving at thinks that I look really creepy, and she may feel that if she waves at me, that might send the wrong message to me, that I may think she some how likes me, because she sent me a friendly Jeep wave, where I might turn around and start to pursue her, so I can track her down and ask her for her phone number or ask her to go out on a Jeepin' date. So, instead of risking that scenario, and since she already feels like I look like a totally creepy dude to begin with, she just decides to not even risk that scenario and decides to not even give a wave my way.

In all these thread discussions, about the wave, I always hear the same excuses...."Soccer moms, don't wave"...."Unmodded JKU's don't wave."...."Girls don't wave."....etc...etc. Not once, have I heard anyone say, "Ya know????:thinking: Maybe??.....just maybe??....Mrs. Soccer mom doesn't wave to me, because I look like an old, fat, sloppy, hairy, toothless, dirt bag, slob looking psychopath."

Honestly, all the "categories" that I see people in this forum making of people who generally don't wave, seem to wave to me all the time, which leads me to believe, that maybe???? Just maybe???:thinking: It might be the other person they're looking at, as to why they decided not to wave. :dontknow2:

Troll under the bridge

07saharadogg 03-10-2013 10:08 PM

maybe you guys aren't getting waves from chicks cause your on jeep forums arguing instead of getting pussy

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 10:17 PM

I don't know how this turned into me being ugly, toothless, a redneck or a creeper. I'm a good lookin guy with a beautiful wife. What does waiving to a girl who drives a jeep have to do with gettin some???

Doschmafia 03-10-2013 10:19 PM

It's a 50/50 chance here in the PNW and I am trying to get my wife to start waving when she drives hers

MangoTangoRubicon 03-10-2013 10:29 PM

The only thing as stupid as the "Jeep Wave"...is a thread about it...love Jeeps and the Jeep community, but really, who cares

Mike2189 03-11-2013 05:37 AM

My wife and I both drive JKUs. Mine def has more mods done to it. However she gets way more waves haha.... Wonder why?? She also carries concealed.... Keep waving fellas haha.

toddjb 03-11-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trail JK (Post 3468270)
I'm a girl, I wave when I see another jeep but only between texting and make up lol. ;)

Best post in the thread so far!

Oh, and I get a wave or two from girls. The wave may be in critical condition but I am not pulling the plug on it!

So far I am only getting about a 10-20% wave back. I haven't seen anyone wave at me first but I might not be giving them a chance.

-Todd