JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Girls dont do the jeep wave?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/girls-dont-do-jeep-wave-267323/)

bluebear 03-10-2013 08:50 PM

I had a female wave at me today..quite surprised.

Rednroll 03-10-2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by k0260 (Post 3468306)
Please stay on topic

Ok, I'll re-emphasize on my original point then. "If" you feel "Girls don't do the Jeep wave", then maybe you need to consider there might be other reasons for them not waving at you. Try not to make excuses like "Girls just don't know about the Jeep thing". "Girls don't wheel their Jeeps". "The 4 door is driven by a bunch of soccer moms and they ruined the Jeep wave." These things are ALL a bunch of excuses to deflect that YOU may actually be part of the problem as to why they are not waving at you. I'll tell you, that EVERY girl that I met who drives a Jeep, and have spoken to in person and realizes I also drive a Jeep are pretty passionate about their Jeeps and know about the Jeep wave. In fact, chances are that if a girl is driving a Jeep Wrangler which is more of a "male" market segment vehicle, you can bet she's pretty passionate about the vehicle she's driving.

However, Girls do have to be a bit more cautious when waving at strangers and I'm sure since most of you guys might be able to realize you're in the opposite/stronger sex group, there could be some risks involved if you're female.

What I have personally experienced is that girls in on coming Jeeps tend to wave often to me and I smile and wave back.....when I'm driving by myself. When my wife is riding with me, I notice that girl jeepers don't tend to wave to me as often. Why? I have a feeling, "Girls" like to avoid unnecessary conflicts whenever possible, and it is pretty much girl code, that if you're being friendly to another woman's man, then chances are you might upset that other woman. So maybe, that's why I tend to notice girls don't wave at me as much when my wife is riding with me, or maybe I look a lot scarier with that look of stress on my face, when my wife is present?:thinking: Or maybe.....just maybe, that girl in that Jeep, that I'm waving at thinks that I look really creepy, and she may feel that if she waves at me, that might send the wrong message to me, that I may think she some how likes me, because she sent me a friendly Jeep wave, where I might turn around and start to pursue her, so I can track her down and ask her for her phone number or ask her to go out on a Jeepin' date. So, instead of risking that scenario, and since she already feels like I look like a totally creepy dude to begin with, she just decides to not even risk that scenario and decides to not even give a wave my way.

In all these thread discussions, about the wave, I always hear the same excuses...."Soccer moms, don't wave"...."Unmodded JKU's don't wave."...."Girls don't wave."....etc...etc. Not once, have I heard anyone say, "Ya know????:thinking: Maybe??.....just maybe??....Mrs. Soccer mom doesn't wave to me, because I look like an old, fat, sloppy, hairy, toothless, dirt bag, slob looking psychopath."

Honestly, all the "categories" that I see people in this forum making of people who generally don't wave, seem to wave to me all the time, which leads me to believe, that maybe???? Just maybe???:thinking: It might be the other person they're looking at, as to why they decided not to wave. :dontknow2:

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

You got issues dude. I'm in my late twenties and in the military. If a soccer mom wants to drive a JKU then let her. That doesn't diminish owning a jeep. I don't know who pissed in your Cheerios but if I notice that most of the girls around here don't wave that doesn't have anything to do with me or what I look like.

RHD-Manx2 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rednroll (Post 3468366)

Ok, I'll re-emphasize on my original point then. "If" you feel "Girls don't do the Jeep wave", then maybe you need to consider there might be other reasons for them not waving at you. Try not to make excuses like "Girls just don't know about the Jeep thing". "Girls don't wheel their Jeeps". "The 4 door is driven by a bunch of soccer moms and they ruined the Jeep wave." These things are ALL a bunch of excuses to deflect that YOU may actually be part of the problem as to why they are not waving at you. I'll tell you, that EVERY girl that I met who drives a Jeep, and have spoken to in person and realizes I also drive a Jeep are pretty passionate about their Jeeps and know about the Jeep wave. In fact, chances are that if a girl is driving a Jeep Wrangler which is more of a "male" market segment vehicle, you can bet she's pretty passionate about the vehicle she's driving.

However, Girls do have to be a bit more cautious when waving at strangers and I'm sure since most of you guys might be able to realize you're in the opposite/stronger sex group, there could be some risks involved if you're female.

What I have personally experienced is that girls in on coming Jeeps tend to wave often to me and I smile and wave back.....when I'm driving by myself. When my wife is riding with me, I notice that girl jeepers don't tend to wave to me as often. Why? I have a feeling, "Girls" like to avoid unnecessary conflicts whenever possible, and it is pretty much girl code, that if you're being friendly to another woman's man, then chances are you might upset that other woman. So maybe, that's why I tend to notice girls don't wave at me as much when my wife is riding with me, or maybe I look a lot scarier with that look of stress on my face, when my wife is present?:thinking: Or maybe.....just maybe, that girl in that Jeep, that I'm waving at thinks that I look really creepy, and she may feel that if she waves at me, that might send the wrong message to me, that I may think she some how likes me, because she sent me a friendly Jeep wave, where I might turn around and start to pursue her, so I can track her down and ask her for her phone number or ask her to go out on a Jeepin' date. So, instead of risking that scenario, and since she already feels like I look like a totally creepy dude to begin with, she just decides to not even risk that scenario and decides to not even give a wave my way.

In all these thread discussions, about the wave, I always hear the same excuses...."Soccer moms, don't wave"...."Unmodded JKU's don't wave."...."Girls don't wave."....etc...etc. Not once, have I heard anyone say, "Ya know????:thinking: Maybe??.....just maybe??....Mrs. Soccer mom doesn't wave to me, because I look like an old, fat, sloppy, hairy, toothless, dirt bag, slob looking psychopath."

Honestly, all the "categories" that I see people in this forum making of people who generally don't wave, seem to wave to me all the time, which leads me to believe, that maybe???? Just maybe???:thinking: It might be the other person they're looking at, as to why they decided not to wave. :dontknow2:

Troll under the bridge

07saharadogg 03-10-2013 10:08 PM

maybe you guys aren't getting waves from chicks cause your on jeep forums arguing instead of getting pussy

Hayzo7 03-10-2013 10:17 PM

I don't know how this turned into me being ugly, toothless, a redneck or a creeper. I'm a good lookin guy with a beautiful wife. What does waiving to a girl who drives a jeep have to do with gettin some???

Doschmafia 03-10-2013 10:19 PM

It's a 50/50 chance here in the PNW and I am trying to get my wife to start waving when she drives hers

MangoTangoRubicon 03-10-2013 10:29 PM

The only thing as stupid as the "Jeep Wave"...is a thread about it...love Jeeps and the Jeep community, but really, who cares

Mike2189 03-11-2013 05:37 AM

My wife and I both drive JKUs. Mine def has more mods done to it. However she gets way more waves haha.... Wonder why?? She also carries concealed.... Keep waving fellas haha.

toddjb 03-11-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trail JK (Post 3468270)
I'm a girl, I wave when I see another jeep but only between texting and make up lol. ;)

Best post in the thread so far!

Oh, and I get a wave or two from girls. The wave may be in critical condition but I am not pulling the plug on it!

So far I am only getting about a 10-20% wave back. I haven't seen anyone wave at me first but I might not be giving them a chance.

-Todd