Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good experience with dealers?

Old 05-31-2007, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good experience with dealers?

has anyone had a good experience with their jeep dealer? i've read a lot of posts in these forums about people having a horrible time with their dealerships. shocking, when you think about it - i would hope that plunking down $30k would be worthy of some basic customer service.

i have to say that the folks at my dealership have been tremendous. i had a three-month wait while my jk was on order, and i regularly got phone calls from my salesman updating me on the order status. i also had some serious trouble with the electronic throttle control system, and i found the owner and the service manager to be very accommodating -- even after the third visit to fix the problem, and i discussed the possibility of pursuing my lemon law rights.

i don't know - maybe i was just lucky. i bought my tj at the same place in '97, and my family has bought a cherokee and a couple of grand cherokees over the years, but we're not exactly what you'd call frequent buyers. at any rate, we've always been treated well.

i'd be interested in hearing if this is an exception to the rule...
Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Yes

I would consider yourself lucky. My salesman is a nice guy and very helpful but I do not think they are in tune to what is going on with CD. Check out my posts in "check your status..." thread.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Can't complain too much about my dealer experience. Not outstanding, basically average at best. The real test is with the Service depratment.

However, when I asked my salesman where the Sirius antenna was, he told me that it was in the two rubber stops on the hood.... I knew I was on my own from that point....
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sales experience was top notch. Service has been about a C so far. Will know more at day's end when the throw out bearing TSB is taken care of. Also asked them to attack the B pillar rattle but I'll bet they don't get to it today with the length of time required to fix the squeaking bearing.

Jetsfan - Where was that dealer? As I remember you were looking around beyond the sunny shores of the Island. Might be one to avoid for me.

edit: boy my spelling.

Last edited by RepressedSince15; 05-31-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

SmithHaven Jeep on Long Island. Not a bad bunch overall, maybe I just expect too much.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great dealer. Outstanding service. Recommended by my accountant, who buys his cars through this guy. And also does his taxes.

Ed Medlyn with Medlyn Jeep in Milford New Hampshire. Tell him doc sent you.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very negative experience with my order from Go Jeep West in the Denver, CO area. Once I kicked them to the curb, I had a GREAT experience with Phil Long Jeep. Haven't gone to them for service yet, but the buying process was a joy. There was a whole group of salesmen that were CJ/Wrangler fanatics, so there was no shortage of product knowledge.

Last edited by rwitte42; 05-31-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No complaints with the one i used other than it takes awhile to get a service appointment.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
SmithHaven Jeep on Long Island. Not a bad bunch overall, maybe I just expect too much.
i went there, they seemed nice but they couldnt get me the jeep i wanted
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a great time buying my Sahara. The sales person was exceptionally knowledable/personable, and I got to deal directly with the sales manager when it came time to negotiate price (instead of the game where the sales person runs back and forth 10x).

My friend bought a Sahara the next night at a different dealer. Sales person was personable, but not too knowledable, and the crap that they tried to pull with him when it came time to negotiate the sales price was pretty sheisty. But that was the only dealer in the area that had the Jeep he wanted, so ...

Quick Reply: Good experience with dealers?