Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Goodbye mods

Old 08-16-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhouse93
A smart cat once told me.......when you buy the best, your only sorry once. And that's when you part with the money. Buy quality products from reputable companies and you should have no problems. End of story
Agreed, end of story. !! There is a reason for reputations, both good and bad.

These forums help and aid us all in the selection process. When a number of us rave about a certain JK product here on the forum, it's useful feedback to potential buyers that their money will be well spent.

On the oposite end, sometimes we get lucky with cheap parts that never die but usually not. Shittybilt is Shittybilt, and other manufacturers have nicknames for similar reasons. This is a great thread, to avoid mistakes : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...s-parts-14262/
Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RND

The person who was not very empathetic of your situation was a triplet. I understand why you're upset. You put your trust into a company and their product and they dropped the ball.
You can just say my name RND...lol.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 08-16-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks to hear about the experiences you ended up with! Not surprised with some of the brand names you have on that list though, things really shouldn't fail that hard though repeatably.

I do have to ask as one thing on that list didn't make sense, what dealer tool do you need to change out a tail light

I've changed out a few bulbs and also took the tail lights apart at home and wired in driving lights into the reverse light housing and don't recall needing anything special.

Quick Reply: Goodbye mods