Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got my 08' VIN # today !!!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, they're building it already but you aren't supposed to get it for another 12 weeks? How long do these take to build? That just doesn't seem right I'd think you'd have it in August if they are already working on it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your post got me thinking so I called to check on mine and it moved into D1 status yesterday with a ship date of July 27th. I think yours will come in way sooner then they told you.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

man! I"m so jealous of you guys! Your 08's are gettin built fast... I'm still in stupid BX... been there since june :sad:
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
Couldn't be happier

Got my VIN# on my 08' 4 door Rubicon (black, of course)!! My car guy tells my that they started building my Jeep today....sweet!
Also got a guarantied delivery date of 06 Oct. 2007 but, I'm thinking it'll be here some time in Sept.....*fingers crossed*

Just thought I'd share my good news......lol

BTW, the waiting is just about killing me.

Later, Tony
Yeah, when did you order it? I order one (Steel Blue, of course ) on Sat. 07/07/07 and I'm curious as to when it when get here. I'm not expecting it before Nov., if then...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

I've been waiting since may! but the order couldn't be put in till june.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
Yeah, when did you order it? I order one (Steel Blue, of course ) on Sat. 07/07/07 and I'm curious as to when it when get here. I'm not expecting it before Nov., if then...
I was thinking similar to you, put in my order on June 25th and expected it in October which sucked because I just happened to have planned a trip back to the States for the month of August (too hot and humid down here in summer) and hoped to pick it up then. I thought I would have to fly back up in October but now it should be there before we leave Arizona at the end of August. My dealer told me about 6-8 weeks but jeep warehouse told me likely in October so I'm glad my dealer was right!

I wouldn't be surprised if your July 7th order doesn't make it by the end of August. Sounds like DC is getting their act together in '08.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
I was thinking similar to you, put in my order on June 25th and expected it in October which sucked because I just happened to have planned a trip back to the States for the month of August (too hot and humid down here in summer) and hoped to pick it up then. I thought I would have to fly back up in October but now it should be there before we leave Arizona at the end of August. My dealer told me about 6-8 weeks but jeep warehouse told me likely in October so I'm glad my dealer was right!

I wouldn't be surprised if your July 7th order doesn't make it by the end of August. Sounds like DC is getting their act together in '08.
It would be GREAT if mine comes in by late Aug. but I am not that confident. They are still saying delays on the MyGig and the Hardtops at my dealer although I'm not sure that is true. Hopefully Aug. or Sept would be GREAT. I have a trip planned to NC to see my family and my brother has a Rubicon Ulmt. too. I'll let you know what my dealer says.

Ben
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Build Time

Not sure if it's changed for the 08 models, but I ordered my 07 on Jan 27th and picked it up from the dealer here in Spokane on Mar 3rd!

All the salesmen in the dealership could not believe how quick mine came in!

So yes, miracles can happen!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys,

Sorry it took so long to get back on here.....been really busy

Not sure what my "code" is but, I ordered it about a month ago from Military overseas new car sales. I guess I got some kind of "priority ordering" status.
That date of Oct 06 is guarentied.....they have to pay me for a rental for every day its not here past that date....cool huh?

A couple of days ago i went to see me salesmen and his computer was showing a build start date of 10 July 2007. So I'm assuming that means the rolling chassis goes on to the assembly line....I'm not sure though

Tony-

Last edited by Cappi's JKR; 07-12-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Cappi,
I just ordered mine form Military Overseas car sales also. How did you get the rental car deal? They told me they would have my JK in WA "on or aobut 10Oct07" Where are you stationed?

Quick Reply: Got my 08' VIN # today !!!