Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got my 08' VIN # today !!!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yuppers...figures too, I ordered a Rubi tweaked out...I'll hopefully get it this year sometime...lol
Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think all dealers were giving excessively long lead times based upon poor past performance. I'm new at this game so this is just my guess based upon my and a few other peoples recent experience but it seems that at least for non Rubicons, that things are improving and the lead times are much better now.

I haven't seen donavee post here lately but I'd like to get his input on what he sees happening as of lately. Has DC turned the corner. I've now had 2 people tell me that they started to build the '08s early and are already in production but according to people in the know on this thread they haven't so I'm still waiting for proof to tell us other wise.

Tuesday is my day that I call in and check status so we'll see if it's still in D1 or not.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red7
I've now had 2 people tell me that they started to build the '08s early and are already in production but according to people in the know on this thread they haven't so I'm still waiting for proof to tell us other wise.
Some people think that D1 status means the JK build has started. Whether it's a customer, Customer Service rep or Dealership employee, saying " the JK is being built because it's in D1 status" does not make it so.

If you can find a 2008 order in E status or better before next Monday, I'll gladly eat my hat with a large helping of crow on the side.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Some people think that D1 status means the JK build has started. Whether it's a customer, Customer Service rep or Dealership employee, saying " the JK is being built because it's in D1 status" does not make it so.

If you can find a 2008 order in E status or better before next Monday, I'll gladly eat my hat with a large helping of crow on the side.
I'm with you....I'll believe it when I see it. It's just funny though as the DC customer service lady today swore they are building them and that there are already some '08s on the road. I've seen photos of '08s but I think it was a designer or engineer so I guess she's not totally full of crap. I'm still in D1 regardless.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

What are the different levels of DC status? I am going to try and get an update status on mine next week. Thanks...
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

well placed order 5/25 went bx on 6/5 now today it went backwards to bg.. WTF
Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally some movement! Today it went to F status so it is being painted. I can almost smell that beatiful Rescue Green Sahara......come to papa.

Quick Reply: Got my 08' VIN # today !!!