Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got Pulled Over Today

Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robar
you know it's a fucking shame that some stranger doesn't get to come into your place of work and call you an asshole, insult you about a stereo type, or argue and cuss at you because you are doing your job.

thank you...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I thought I’d take the test.

1. Have you ever had to go into the bedroom of a guy who is pointing a shotgun at the door, waiting for you to come get him? The very shotgun that he just shot his own mother with?

NO

2. Do the worst citizens of your community hate you just because you came to work today?

YES

4. Have you ever heard the dying breaths of 4 kids who just smacked a tree at 90+ mph?

NOT THAT EXACT SCENARIO, BUT, YES, I HAVE REPEATEDLY ATTENDED TO THE DYING.

5. Have you ever performed CPR on someone you've never met before in an attempt to save their life, not knowing what diseases they might have had?

NO, BUT I PASSED OUT MEDICAL SUPPLIES IT UGANDA TO DEAL WITH THE AIDS EPIDEMIC, KNOWING THAT SOME WITH WHOM I DEALT WERE MOST LIKELY INFECTED.

6. Have you ever sat out in the freezing cold for hours on end trying to talk a disturbed person into putting down the gun they have pointed at their head?

NOT THAT EXACT SCENARIO, BUT YET I’VE SPENT HOURS TALKING PEOPLE OUT OF SUICIDE AD DEALING WITH FAMILIES AFTER A SUICIDE.

7. Has anyone ever actually tried to kill you?

YES, BEEN THREATENED, AND HAD AN AK-47 POINTED AT ME.

I am not a police officer, security guard or in any way involved in law enforcement. Police officers have a difficult job. The sorts of things listed in the “Have you ever...” post do take an emotional toll on those who experience them. Officers have my sympathy for what they experience on the job.

But I still contend that the problem is primarily with the legislators who enact stack upon stack of regulations. Some are needed. Some are inane. Why should a police officer be left with the “job” of when to enforce and when not? Keep the laws simple and only as needed. Then most of the issue would go away.

OK, I down from my soap box. I better go do something useful like put the upper adjustable control arms on my jeep.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JacksJeep
<snip>
But I still contend that the problem is primarily with the legislators who enact stack upon stack of regulations. Some are needed. Some are inane. Why should a police officer be left with the “job” of when to enforce and when not? Keep the laws simple and only as needed. Then most of the issue would go away.
<snip>
Ding, ding, ding!
Gave that man a cigar.

Our lawmakers feel they must give the impression of being useful by passing laws, no matter how useful or enforceable. In reality, they are wasting our money while making the contacts that keep them rich for life.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It would however, slow down a carjacker, or stop one of the hundreds of bottles and cans that got thrown at us.
Mmmmmm... me happy not to live in such an environment!

Carjacking is pretty uncommon here and IF they do it's usually on Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari etc. In this case either your vehicle is bulletproof or you better hand out the key...

As far as throwing bottles and cans onto ANY vehicle it's better NOT to do it here if the jerk doesn't want to go to a good hospital

It's true that there was a problem with some kids throwing stones on cars on the highway, but this one finished pretty soon too

Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
I've had mine inspected without doors on it twice.

not an issue here in NC. one mirror. doors off ok.
I live in WNC. Guy here in town has a Toyota p'up w/no doors or mirrors...no problem. He drives it like that rain or shine.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350

Originally Posted by JacksJeep
<snip>
<snip>

Ding, ding, ding!
Gave that man a cigar.

Our lawmakers feel they must give the impression of being useful by passing laws, no matter how useful or enforceable. In reality, they are wasting our money while making the contacts that keep them rich for life.
x2

But if they don't keep it simple, then attorneys would have less to do. And aren't most legislatures attorneys?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shad
I am glad we don't have inspections in Arkansas. Last I checked, we only have to have 1 mirror, so the rear view works fine.
me too i have been drivin doorless for almost two months now.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So glad i live in FL. You can drive a van with all four doors and the trunk open no questions asked. I was behind a pickup today that had cut out his pipes from right in front of his rear diff... you should have seen the smoke pouring into the cab. I almost died laughing. he was passed by two cops doing 15 under the speed limit... nothing. I can't wait to take my doors off... i just have to buy that mirror relocation kit, or just a little mirror that i can stick in the door hinge.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today