Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got the top down today!

Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the top down today!

Whew-hoo! It was such a stunningly beautiful day here in MT today. I put the top down and ran a few errands. This is only the 2nd time I've gotten to take it down at all.

I must say, this JK is a hell of a lot of fun. What a toy. I got more great comments and looks today than I can count. It's so cool to hear someone comment on the truck and how nice it is.

Just thought I'd share my great day with the JK.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Newbie

Same type of experience here. I've had my JK for two days. The sun came out yesterday in the Portland, Oregon area and I dropped the top. SO MUCH FUN!!! Even though it was only 65 degrees or so, it was a blast.

Had to go for one more drive last night before the rain moved in today so I took it for another spin at 10:30pm. COLD! But fun.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did your seat belts flap in the wind.....Two words....Velcro strap
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

You know, I meant to ask about that. Yes, the seatbelts made a ton of noise! So it's as simple as velcro huh? Awesome. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

You beat me to the punch! The weather here in L.A. New Mexico is "scheduled" to be sunny with lows in the 30's and highs in the upeer 50's for the rest of the week. With that I put the top down last night.

This was the first time I have folded the soft-top and It was a bit of a pain. I had a very hard time releasing the over-the-front-door plastic-in-the-ridge sections and getting the boot on nicely.

Anybody else experience this? Its probably because it has never been taken down before but thought I'd ask. Also, anyone else getting a rattle from the plastic door frames when you hit a bump? At least I think it is coming from there.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the top down today!

does she have a siste...

oh nevermind. Either way i am jealous, it is 9F here this morning, subzero windchill.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by fetopher
You know, I meant to ask about that. Yes, the seatbelts made a ton of noise! So it's as simple as velcro huh? Awesome. Thanks.
Mine aren't velcro but basically you just want to put a strap around the roll bar and seat belt. The seat belt can still slide through but it keeps them from fluttering in the wind. Just a little 3/4" webbing strap with a plastic buckle or some velcro.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Got the top down today!

does she have a siste...

oh nevermind. Either way i am jealous, it is 9F here this morning, subzero windchill.
Go get us a picture of that waterfall. It probably looks pretty cool half frozen over!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fetopher
Same type of experience here. I've had my JK for two days. The sun came out yesterday in the Portland, Oregon area and I dropped the top. SO MUCH FUN!!! Even though it was only 65 degrees or so, it was a blast.

Had to go for one more drive last night before the rain moved in today so I took it for another spin at 10:30pm. COLD! But fun.

It was really nice to feel the sun again. I have dual tops and took the two Freedom Top panels out for the sun roof. It was awesome. I cant wait to take the hard top off when the weather turns for the better. Then its the soft top for spring into fall. What color/model of JK do you have fetopher? Ill keep an eye out for a wave. Later
Old 03-07-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by emtjeep
What color/model of JK do you have fetopher? Ill keep an eye out for a wave. Later
I should add this to my sig...

2-Door Jeep Green Rubi. Stock for now.

I'll keep an eye out for you as well. I actually experienced my first Jeep Wave yesterday, from a YJ driver.

Quick Reply: Got the top down today!