Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gotta love Texas!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love Texas!

It was absolutely gorgeous outside this morning...on my way home for lunch I was thinking to myself of taking off the rags and leaving the doors at the house...I didnt get a chance to however, cause I was running a little late to get back to lovely work. On my way back to work I was thinking I should have at least taken the doors off...good thing I didnt, I dont think I have seen a sky turn that dark that quick...it was raining cats and dogs for a good 15, 20 minutes. Not sure if I am ready to have her rained in quite yet. NOW its gorgeous as hell out side again! Texas Weather?...Its enough to drive you crazy.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

i know what you're talking about man. it seems like its been raining about 1 month straight here in dallas. i'm afraid to take the top down anymore.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKMCD
It was absolutely gorgeous outside this morning...on my way home for lunch I was thinking to myself of taking off the rags and leaving the doors at the house...I didnt get a chance to however, cause I was running a little late to get back to lovely work. On my way back to work I was thinking I should have at least taken the doors off...good thing I didnt, I dont think I have seen a sky turn that dark that quick...it was raining cats and dogs for a good 15, 20 minutes. Not sure if I am ready to have her rained in quite yet. NOW its gorgeous as hell out side again! Texas Weather?...Its enough to drive you crazy.
Hell sounds like our weather. Nice in the morning predictible Tstorms popping up in the afternoon with sometimes an unpredictable one or just a shower not thunder about noon. Be a man pull the plugs and let her get wet. It only takes a couple good dry days to dry out (Yeah try a week if it gets soaked). Been there done than come over to the dark side.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

We broke an all-time record for number of days straight with rain here in the Oklahoma City area--I think we hit sixteen today. Was supposed to go paddle the Cimarron River near Perkins tomorrow, but this normally a few feet deep river is forecast to crest at 23.3 feet tomorrow afternoon--more than six feet above flood stage. Forecast is for continued thunderstorms through Wednesday. That probably wipes out my plans to attend a concert by the OKC Philharmonic and fireworks on July 3rd. Oh well. :sad:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
We broke an all-time record for number of days straight with rain here in the Oklahoma City area--I think we hit sixteen today. Was supposed to go paddle the Cimarron River near Perkins tomorrow, but this normally a few feet deep river is forecast to crest at 23.3 feet tomorrow afternoon--more than six feet above flood stage. Forecast is for continued thunderstorms through Wednesday. That probably wipes out my plans to attend a concert by the OKC Philharmonic and fireworks on July 3rd. Oh well. :sad:
MAN I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN...WE GO AND FLOAT A RIVER THATS A COUPLE HOURS AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE (NEW BRAUNFELS) CAMPIN', DRINKIN' A FEW BEERS TUBIN' DOWN A COLD COLD RIVER...IT A GOOD TIME. BUT, WE HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GO ONCE THIS SUMMER. ACCORDING TO A FLOW CHART THEY SAY A GOOD FLOAT IS ABOUT 6OO CUBIC FEET PER SECOND AND ANYTHING OVER 1000 IS CONSIDERED DANGEROUS...WELL ITS BEEN FLOWING AT ABOUT 22OO....I THOUGHT I MIGHT JUST MAN UP AND JUMP IN! A 6HOUR FLOAT WILL TAKE ABOUT 15 MINUTES!!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Meanwhile, the uncut grass is starting to resemble a cow pasture.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

We're getting hammered over here in ETx, we went wheeling today out at our farm, the kids wanted to take the top down but it was 90 plus degrees and about 98% humidity this evening, couldn't stand it. Plus the mosquitos almost carried us off down in the bottom. We're having our timber thinned right now. The loggers have had to pull our for a few weeks because they kept sinking their equipment. I can't wait until they're done because they are cutting me some real nice 4x4 roads.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Well, if ya don't like the weather in Texas... Wait 10 minutes and it will change.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It was actually 18 days today...which broke the record of 17 set in 1937 I think it was. And chances are looking good for sat and sun too. After 2 years of drought....ridiculous cycles...

Hey texas guys, I hope its not raining down there this coming week. I plan on coming down to the DFW area for a few days its looking like. If I have time for any wheeling, I'll post in the texas forum and maybe we can get together.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

good luck to you all, we got hammered with snow this year i feel for you,
good thing you all have jeeps

Quick Reply: Gotta love Texas!