Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Guess Forbes hates Wranglers...

Old 12-03-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go its whole life thinking it's stupid" -Albert Einstein. I think.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Boo hoo hoo sounds like you should stop buying jeeps then cause they suck so much and take your money!!! Time to call up mommy and "suck" the tittie to make you feel better lol
Ever hear of the expression "fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me"
Yup I think They suck so much I am on my way right now to get my 35" toyos mounted on my "black Friday special" raceline rims. They suck so much I can't hardly stand it. Like I said they keep sucking my bank account down. Oh I am thinking you think I really think they suck lol. What sucks is it is 13 degrees out and the garage is unheated so the tires are going to be stiff and tough to mount.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiKing
"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go its whole life thinking it's stupid" -Albert Einstein. I think.
I did not even know fish could climb trees, how cool is that.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt

Yup I think They suck so much I am on my way right now to get my 35" toyos mounted on my "black Friday special" raceline rims. They suck so much I can't hardly stand it. Like I said they keep sucking my bank account down. Oh I am thinking you think I really think they suck lol. What sucks is it is 13 degrees out and the garage is unheated so the tires are going to be stiff and tough to mount.
Lol thanks for not taking my post the wrong way or too seriously
I've dumped a ton of cash into mine too... Most recently Currie Anti-rocks, new Rubi T-case and Trail Ready beadlock wheels for my 37" MTR's... Come to think of it I really need to update my profile lol
Old 12-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-Forbes
Don't like it don't buy it.
If I become a quadriplegic and some dude comes to buy my JK with a bad write up to get the price down.....the Gargoylette will release the hounds on them
Old 12-06-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but the article's right on all points. Jeep apologists will defend everything! Reliability issues go way further than the infotainment system. How about noisy transmissions one month from purchase, shitty weather seals everywhere, plastic where plastic should not be, death wobble, all kinds of breakdowns for daring to go in places that require 4lo, for which the jeep was built...

Shes ugly (except i think the opposite), clunky, noisy, rattles and shakes, needs lots of attention AND demands a symbiotic relationship from her master to function properly

I'm not even going to start on after market parts. Would i recommend this vehicle to your average consumer? Hell no.

BUT!

I once won a race against a fancy Audi by doing 80k/h while he was going 140k/h.

Except I cut across a goddamn forest while he was on the highway. I do love my old A-10.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The article is accurate, but if comfort or no wind noise at highway speed was my criteria for buying the car, I'd still be driving my wife's Escalade. Just as people don't buy sports cars for the car's ability to car-pool their kids.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wranglers are perfectly comfortable for anyone who isnt a pansy. As far as reliability the only thing Ive had go bad on mine is the ball joints went early. Otherwise it runs fine.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Gotta say resale is ridiculous! Why would anyone buy a vehicle several years old for 3k less than a new one. I have had issues with my 09,12, and now 13. But still love it and major head turner. I just can't figure why they had or still have a plastic bushing that breaks if in a bind not allowing to shift from 2-4 wheel drive. Looks like that part would be bullet proof! Just saying.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Wranglers are perfectly comfortable for anyone who isnt a pansy. As far as reliability the only thing Ive had go bad on mine is the ball joints went early. Otherwise it runs fine.
Also the steering wheel rotating connector (the problem that gets the airbag light to go off). Changed mine twice in 3 years.

Ball bearing in the clutch, another famous issue.

Death wobble.

Weather seals going to shit, rain inside the jeep.

Quick Reply: Guess Forbes hates Wranglers...