JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   H3/FJ Cruiser Recovery Vehical. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/h3-fj-cruiser-recovery-vehical-12935/)

Rubidon 08-01-2007 08:46 AM

H3/FJ Cruiser Recovery Vehical.

I'm always seeing stuff digging on the H2/H3. What about the FJ Cruiser ? at least the Hummer is made in USA. I want a "FJ Recovery Vehicle" sticker. Anyone know where I can find one ?

MileHighAko 08-01-2007 05:46 PM

Well, truth be told, many Toyota's are made in the USA now, maybe including the FJ. I think the FJ is a pretty nice vehicle. But I'm a full blooded American, and the Jeep is my choice. :)

If you find the stickers, let me know. I'd gladly put one on since my off-roading buddy drives an FJ.

Audiophiliac 08-01-2007 06:31 PM

I'd wait until you actually have to recover an FJ. :) It would be embarassing to have that sticker and then be in a situation where it was reversed. :)

They arent as gay as the kid peeing on "x", but I never have seen the point of trying to "sticker-hate" another vehicle. But to each his own. :) Every time I see a guy in a big lifted Ram that is so clean, you know he has never been off asphalt, and he has a kid peeing on chevy, ford, toyota, nissan, and #24, it makes me want to go pee on his truck at the next red light. :)

Jeepin Dad 08-01-2007 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac (Post 142885)
I never have seen the point of trying to "sticker-hate" another vehicle. But to each his own. :) Every time I see a guy in a big lifted Ram that is so clean, you know he has never been off asphalt, and he has a kid peeing on chevy, ford, toyota, nissan, and #24, it makes me want to go pee on his truck at the next red light. :)

I never saw the allure of Calvin peeing on another vehicle make, but I totally understand the peeing on the #24 :yup:

gergy9 08-02-2007 02:52 AM

I know that the Tahoes are made in Mexico. I wouldnt doubt that the hummer is also.

onsafari 08-02-2007 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by MileHighAko (Post 142854)
Well, truth be told, many Toyota's are made in the USA now, maybe including the FJ. I think the FJ is a pretty nice vehicle. But I'm a full blooded American, and the Jeep is my choice. :)

If you find the stickers, let me know. I'd gladly put one on since my off-roading buddy drives an FJ.

LOL....how much of your JK was assembled or made in the US......you may be a full blooded American just like the rest of us but just cuz you bought a Jeep over another vehicle doesn't make you any more American than anybody else :rollingeyes:

Rubidon 08-02-2007 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac (Post 142885)
I'd wait until you actually have to recover an FJ. :) It would be embarassing to have that sticker and then be in a situation where it was reversed. :)

They arent as gay as the kid peeing on "x", but I never have seen the point of trying to "sticker-hate" another vehicle. But to each his own. :) Every time I see a guy in a big lifted Ram that is so clean, you know he has never been off asphalt, and he has a kid peeing on chevy, ford, toyota, nissan, and #24, it makes me want to go pee on his truck at the next red light. :)

If the situation were reversed or not all would have a good laugh.:rotflmao1:

No sticker hate here.............just fun poking. I don't think anyone is ever insulted be any of these stickers.

I guess my whole point was let's keep rippen on Hummers..........but not to forget the FJ! FJ's need lov'en to.

driley 08-02-2007 09:32 AM

I like FJ cruisers.

HappyCurmudgeon 08-02-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by driley (Post 143350)
I like FJ cruisers.

I like Pampers Cruisers, they stay full of the stuff and dont let it leak out.

...come to think of it...

AZCA jeeper 08-02-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon (Post 143364)
I like Pampers Cruisers, they stay full of the stuff and dont let it leak out.

...come to think of it...

......:what?:

I'm not even going to go there.:eek2:

Anywho, I have a hummer recovery vehicle tire cover, but it says Land Rover at the top.:rotflmao1: :thinking: Not that that's relevant to this thread.:D

G-Spot 08-02-2007 09:13 PM

H2 Recovery Team

I'll admit it, I actually like the FJ. The only thing wrong with it is the IFS.

I think the H2 recovery stickers are awesome because an H2 is nothing but an oversized grocery getter. But the FJ is actually a decent off-road truck. I have several friends with Tacomas and they are damn good trucks. So keep bashing the H2's, but don't bash the FJ until you actually have to bail one out.

clubber 08-03-2007 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by onsafari (Post 143128)
LOL....how much of your JK was assembled or made in the US......you may be a full blooded American just like the rest of us but just cuz you bought a Jeep over another vehicle doesn't make you any more American than anybody else :rollingeyes:

Full blooded american would mean....NATIVE AMERICAN...........NO ?

JKing 777 08-03-2007 01:19 AM

A friend of mine got a FJ Cruiser recently... off road package or whatever it is called. It's really nice. I wouldn't trade my Rubi for FJ, but I like it. We are thinking of getting rid of '03 Discovery (so many electrical problems and we are tired of it), and we are (my wife is) considering the FJ. I'd definitely consider FJ before Liberty, Commander or other non Wrangler Jeep.

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 143887)

Agree with you. People tend to forget whose land it is... originally.

yetibear 08-03-2007 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 143887)

Originally Posted by JKing 777 (Post 143888)
Agree with you. People tend to forget whose land it is... originally.

You are both so full of bleeding heart crap!
How is any full blooded American "indian" more native American then I am? I was born in the US, as were my parents, and my grandparents. If we are not native then just what are we? I came from no where else, so I can't be native to any other place. I am not a european- American, I have no ties to Europe, I sure wasn't born there, I have never even been there, and have no desire to go there.

What is with this need to Balkanize the entire population of the country? Do we all have to live in tiny little subgroups, seperate from every other group, just so we can say I am more American than you? I guess a full blooded decendents of the Mayflower are better than us. Or maybe we could almost think of a full blooded decendent from Jamestown as being closer to native than I am, or what if somewhere in Canada there happened to be a full blooded decendent of the vikings, surly their blood line has been here long enough to be native?
No one born in North America can claim to be more native than I am, and no one born here can be said to be less of a native.(no slight to Central, and South Americans, just confining it to North America for simplicity's sake)There should be no African Americans, European Americans, or Native Americans. We are either Americans or soon enough we will be nothing at all.

Maybe for US citizenship we should set up a tier system, a "native" American could be 1 man, African American decended from slave lines(because they were forced to come here) .9 of a man, here before 1776? .75 man, after 1800? .65, pre civil war, .5, WW1, .4............
If you were born in America you are as native as anyone else born here. If you were born in the US you are as native as anyone else born in the US, and no more of a US citizen then anyone that holds citizenship in this country, except non native born cannot become President.
If you are an American(US Citizen more narrowly) then you are an American , no devisive damn hyphen should ever be stuck in there in an attempt to elevate one group over another. the "indians" got a raw deal, the slaves were screwed; and very few of our white fore fathers came here because Europe was such a deliteful place they felt guilty to be so blessed.
Drop the bs, made up distinctions, or someday your children, or grandchildren will get to experience the joys of what it is like to live in post Tito Yougoslavia. We are all either Americans, or nothing at all.

clubber 08-03-2007 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144146)
You are both so full of bleeding heart crap!
How is any full blooded American "indian" more native American then I am? I was born in the US, as were my parents, and my grandparents. If we are not native then just what are we? I came from no where else, so I can't be native to any other place. I am not a european- American, I have no ties to Europe, I sure wasn't born there, I have never even been there, and have no desire to go there.

What is with this need to Balkanize the entire population of the country? Do we all have to live in tiny little subgroups, seperate from every other group, just so we can say I am more American than you? I guess a full blooded decendents of the Mayflower are better than us. Or maybe we could almost think of a full blooded decendent from Jamestown as being closer to native than I am, or what if somewhere in Canada there happened to be a full blooded decendent of the vikings, surly their blood line has been here long enough to be native?
No one born in North America can claim to be more native than I am, and no one born here can be said to be less of a native.(no slight to Central, and South Americans, just confining it to North America for simplicity's sake)There should be no African Americans, European Americans, or Native Americans. We are either Americans or soon enough we will be nothing at all.

Maybe for US citizenship we should set up a tier system, a "native" American could be 1 man, African American decended from slave lines(because they were forced to come here) .9 of a man, here before 1776? .75 man, after 1800? .65, pre civil war, .5, WW1, .4............
If you were born in America you are as native as anyone else born here. If you were born in the US you are as native as anyone else born in the US, and no more of a US citizen then anyone that holds citizenship in this country, except non native born cannot become President.
If you are an American(US Citizen more narrowly) then you are an American , no devisive damn hyphen should ever be stuck in there in an attempt to elevate one group over another. the "indians" got a raw deal, the slaves were screwed; and very few of our white fore fathers came here because Europe was such a deliteful place they felt guilty to be so blessed.
Drop the bs, made up distinctions, or someday your children, or grandchildren will get to experience the joys of what it is like to live in post Tito Yougoslavia. We are all either Americans, or nothing at all.

I guess if you were born in China you would be Chinese.................:eek2:

yetibear 08-03-2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144295)
I guess if you were born in China you would be Chinese.................:eek2:

Umm.....yeah. Just the same as the Afrikaans, decended from the Dutch were African. And the Aussies are Australian. And a Black man born in England is British.

clubber 08-03-2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144303)
Umm.....yeah. Just the same as the Afrikaans, decended from the Dutch were African. And the Aussies are Australian. And a Black man born in England is British.

The HELL he is...............

yetibear 08-03-2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144314)
The HELL he is...............

Then what is he?
You are confusing race with national origin. An American Indian is no more native to America them I am. And that makes me as much of a Native American as he.

clubber 08-03-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144317)
Then what is he?
You are confusing race with national origin. An American Indian is no more native to America them I am. And that makes me as much of a Native American as he.

You are very confused on this........if two Irish people move to China and have a baby then that baby is Chinese ?..........Gimme a break......Read your history books.........

yetibear 08-03-2007 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144321)
You are very confused on this........if two Irish people move to China and have a baby then that baby is Chinese ?..........Gimme a break......Read your history books.........

Do you know what the word NATIVE means?

seer1 08-03-2007 12:10 PM

It's amazing! In two pages we get from FJ Rescue stickers to our (mine being especially murky) heritage. I'm a pure blooded American mutt. No apologies, no justifications. I don't care where you or I came from, I'm only concerned where we are now. Although I sometimes vehemently disagree with what it is doing, I still love this country. Now that's all settled I have a friend with an FJ as well, so about those stickers...:brows:

I love this forum.:luvlove:

clubber 08-03-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144324)
Do you know what the word NATIVE means?

Yes I DO...........One of the peoples indigenous to a place, esp, as distinguished from strangers, foreigners, colonizers etc..........

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144331)
Yes I DO...........One of the peoples indigenous to a place, esp, as distinguished from strangers, foreigners, colonizers etc..........

OK so you admit that I am correct.

clubber 08-03-2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144332)
OK so you admit that I am correct.

Are you on drugs............?

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144334)
Are you on drugs............?

Name calling and disparaging remarks:
The death throws of a simple mind.

I'll tell you again, you are talking race, and I am trying to explain that, that, is a totaly seperate matter from national origin. I am saying there is no, nor should there be, any racial distinction between native born Americans. We are all equal, and unless we come to acept that, we are doomed to find the US becomming a larger Balkans.
I am not a forginer, colonizer, or stranger I was born here therefore I am a native.
Every human being, since man walked up right has become an invasive species, unless they stayed in Africa. The American Indian did not just appear here, they came from somewhere else, the same as the forefathers of every other living soul in this country, and any other place else you choose, outside of Africa.

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by seer1 (Post 144330)
It's amazing! In two pages we get from FJ Rescue stickers to our (mine being especially murky) heritage. I'm a pure blooded American mutt. No apologies, no justifications. I don't care where you or I came from, I'm only concerned where we are now. Although I sometimes vehemently disagree with what it is doing, I still love this country. Now that's all settled I have a friend with an FJ as well, so about those stickers...:brows:

I love this forum.:luvlove:

LOL, hijacking because the new FJ isn't even worthy of a sticker of its own.:eek2:
:rotflmao2: :rotflmao2:

clubber 08-03-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144341)
Name calling and disparaging remarks:
The death throws of a simple mind.

I'll tell you again, you are talking race, and I am trying to explain that, that, is a totaly seperate matter from national origin. I am saying there is no, nor should there be, any racial distinction between native born Americans. We are all equal, and unless we come to acept that, we are doomed to find the US becomming a larger Balkans.
I am not a forginer, colonizer, or stranger I was born here therefore I am a native.
Every human being, since man walked up right has become an invasive species, unless they stayed in Africa. The American Indian did not just appear here, they came from somewhere else, the same as the forefathers of every other living soul in this country, and any other place else you choose, outside of Africa.

Your going back too far in time......I think you missed a big chunk of history........

yetibear 08-03-2007 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144350)
Your going back too far in time......I think you missed a big chunk of history........

Clubber, you are OK, really. We clearly don't agree, but you are ok. I just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the interaction, and there is no reason we must think alike, that is the beauty of the US.
Now let me go compose my retort.

clubber 08-03-2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144356)
Clubber, you are OK, really. We clearly don't agree, but you are ok. I just wanted you to know I'm enjoying the interaction, and there is no reason we must think alike, that is the beauty of the US.
Now let me go compose my retort.

Yetibear.........your OK too...........no hard feelings at all , that IS the beauty of the good old U.S.A............:yup:

yetibear 08-03-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 144350)

Now gimme a break. I argue my point going back to Jamestown, and ealier to the vikings and you tell me to go read my history. So I argue my point all the way back to man first walking out of Africa, and you tell me I'm going to far back? Do you want to limit me to just one year, or one decade, or even millineum? Any time frame you pick, it will still come down to place of origin. any American, living today, born in the United States is a native American, reguardless of race and color. We are 100% equal, you don't get extra rights and privilages because your ANCESTORS were here 10 years before mine, 100 years, 500 years, or 10 thousand years. The place where you are born determines national origin, not the place your great grandfather's great grandfather was born. It may determine his but it has no bearing on where I was born.

I am saying we are all Native Americans, and any distinctions that try to lessen the Americanism of all of us in injurious to the best intrests of the United States.

NATIVE:
Native is a term which in its proper sense indicates a person who is born in a given country or geographical area. In this sense, a person born in a country is native to that country, while a person born elsewhere is not.
However, the term native is has in many cases been used in a different sense: to indicate indigenous people. For instance in British India, "native" normally refered to an indigenous Indian, even if they were born outside India, while whites were refered to as Europeans, even if they actually were born in India (in which case they could in fact be described as natives of India).

Rubidon 08-03-2007 02:56 PM

I started this tread to talk about f#$@ing stickers! Get off the other issues and back to the stickers..........................on second thought someone please close this tread.
Sorry I started it.:mad:

yetibear 08-03-2007 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rubidon (Post 144413)
I started this tread to talk about f#$@ing stickers! Get off the other issues and back to the stickers..........................on second thought someone please close this tread.
Sorry I started it.:mad:

Hey, hijacking happen!:rotflmao2:
here, have a :beer: and calm down, your thread has spent most of the afternoon on top.:yup: :rotflmao1:

Rubidon 08-03-2007 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 144418)
Hey, hijacking happen!:rotflmao2:
here, have a :beer: and calm down, your thread has spent most of the afternoon on top.:yup: :rotflmao1:

I'm drinking beer:yup: ....................just not fast enough!

Brettzky-JK757 08-04-2007 01:57 AM

Quick Points:
FJ Recovery Sticker makes sense - if you're gonna talk trash about your rig, everybody else is fair game.

FJ and H3 have similar problem - windows are too small. H2 is just freakin' garish. I'd put the H1 and the Land Rover Defender in that "proven by sustained military conflict" category (like our beloved Wrangler).

Never understood the whole Calvin pissing thing - but then again I've never understood the whole NASCAR, 200-MPH left turn thing either.

The US is the only country on the planet where you can be "American" moments after arrival (legal, of course). It's not where you're from, it's where you're at. Try that anywhere else and you're always a foreigner.

Heritage is important as long as it's in context. That could mean your racial heritage, your vehicle heritage or whatever it is that drives you. You can't take a guy/gal's heritage from them unless they let you.

Anything else?

01amberfirewv 08-05-2007 05:10 AM

Isn't the H3 made in Canada or Mexico? I didn't think GM had many vehicals that were over 50% US built.