Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Half doors

Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Half doors

Summer is arriving and me is thinking 'bout getting half doors.

Due to italian laws doorless is Not an option nor can I consider just tube doors

I was thinking 'bout the 4x4 Element doors plus the paintable sheet. This might be "stealth" enough not to trigger the cops.

Anybody has them? How do they fit? Opinions?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Voodoo

I was thinking 'bout the 4x4 Element doors plus the paintable sheet. This might be "stealth" enough not to trigger the cops.
It has been stated that factory half doors will be available as a dealer item this summer. This might be an option worth waiting for in your situation. The police can't argue with factory doors, can they?

Originally Posted by Voodoo
Front winch bumper + winch
Could you mount a hitch receiver and a removable winch? Then you can have the winch front or rear as needed, and not have it in view otherwise.

Google 'receiver winch mount' to find lots of info.

SV
Old 02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sv650
It has been stated that factory half doors will be available as a dealer item this summer. This might be an option worth waiting for in your situation. The police can't argue with factory doors, can they?

Could you mount a hitch receiver and a removable winch? Then you can have the winch front or rear as needed, and not have it in view otherwise.

Google 'receiver winch mount' to find lots of info.

SV
I've seen that thread. But:
- They may argue as the vehicle comes from factory with full doors.
- I guess they will be quite expensive. Anyhow you're right, I'll call my dealer and ask about them.

About the winch: Removable is an option I'll take as last resource. The real story is that the Euro bumpers (both front and rear) really sucks. But if I want to replace them I need:

1) A street legal bumper conforming to Euro pedestrian safety standards
2) Will have to mount a winch permanently as this is the only way to make the above described bumper legal because this way it is not a bumper anymore but becomes an "equipment mounting device"...

Quick Reply: Half doors