Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone ever had their CB unit stolen?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever had their CB unit stolen?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had their CB radio (box style) unit stolen from the Jeep while the top was down (or if you've had a soft top sliced).

Since it is labor day weekend I want to finally and at long last take off the entire hardtop on my Jeep and I'm worried about the CB and the Sub getting stolen. I realize that CB radios probably aren't the biggest target but I'm still concerned.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes I have had soft tops sliced several times, lost CB, AM FM cast., tools, etc etc etc. It was always at night most of the time is was in my driveway when it happened. CB's are way down on the list of things to steal anymore, they just aren't worth much at a pawn shop anymore. I thing your chances are slim that it would get stolen, but you just never know.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I had a CB stolen out of my YJ when the hard top was on and the doors were locked. They dented the driver's door and destroyed the lock getting in. I couldn't believe that someone would break in to steal a CB radio.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup, had mine ripped out of my CJ and the @ssholes totally screwed up the dash in the process. In all honesty, I would have just given the darn thing to them had I had the option
Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody ever heard of one of the myGIG Nav systems getting stolen? Is it too much of a risk to put one of these in in your mind?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I mounted mine on the dash using velcro. I also put in a plug in the power line. All I got to do to put it in the console is unplug, undo the antenna and take it iff the dash. Of course as of yet I have not done this because I have not felt the need. If I went Downtown or had to leave it in the woods I would but neither has happened yet however I did prepare for it. BTW I also have about $5.00 in change in that divot in front of the shifter and it has been there every time I leave the top and doors off anywhere I go. I guess I am lucky.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the replies. Looks like i'm going to be keeping the top on or removing the CB this weekend :/

There are some pretty less than intelligent people in the area I live who would probably steel it not even knowing what it was...sigh.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Thanks for the replies. Looks like i'm going to be keeping the top on or removing the CB this weekend :/

There are some pretty less than intelligent people in the area I live who would probably steel it not even knowing what it was...sigh.
Oh it's not like your hard top really protects anything all that much. I think its nonsense to not take the top off on the account of stuff getting stolen.

If they want it, they'll take it - soft top, hard top, no top, whatever...
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I should reconsider this stereo install... granted it'll be useless without the faceplate and security code, but I don't want my dash destroyed for some idiot....
Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had one stolen out of my '97 TJ with the top down... of course it was in South Florida when it happened Luckily they were nice enough to unscrew the side mounting screws and just left the mount, instead of ripping out my whole middle dash

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever had their CB unit stolen?