Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hauk Design, fraudulent? Definitely defective

Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

This post has me wondering what the wheelin' is like over in Taiwan
Old 02-15-2018, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I copied my FB post about it...

Last edited by Markwhite; 02-15-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I had contacted Tech Support about two and a half weeks ago inquiring exactly what I would need to install an expedition snorkel since I have XRC metal Fenders and the Aluminum one will not work, plus I run Ripp Super Charger, and I have if required a factory 2012 airbox with me just in case since I knew I would be installing one of some brand...First they had stated they would get back to me with a tech support guy...and I never got a call back at all, so about a week later I called and they were leaving for the day...My bad for calling so late... I called the next day and did get to talk with tech support guy...I explained my exact set up and he had done a similar install, so he advised what I needed...
He suggested I buy the Rip Air Box from Ripp (not realizing they sell them at river raider)...which I had overlooked due to the lack of images when you add certain parts to your order...So I went to Ripp forked out 200.00 and had it 2 day shipped and then while processing at River Raider I noticed the option and since I had just purchased one I said Hey they sell it here and its cheaper, Must be they sell a few and get a break...not to mention I would have saved the 36 bucks for shipping...So before I hit the purchase button I called the tech rep to inquire and make sure I wasnt missing anything and I would receive everything required for the install I then stated I was hoping I could get it installed within a week...
He mentioned they had some parts at Powder coating and it wouldnt ship out Sat (this is Friday when Im placing the order) but should ship out without a problem on Monday....
I said cool you and Ripp are both over here on east coast where I am currently working and Ripp is in NY and You are in PA so that should tim out just right I will have all day Friday while at work on the clock to do the install...awesome things are looking great...I recieved prompt shipment information yesterday Ripp had sent me my inline Ripp Can, and I wondered about the tracking for the River Raider so after the ordeal happening in Florida I decided to contact and ask if they could provide tracking information on the Snorkel set up...After being on hold over 15 minutes with music Blairing, (and I love rock and roll) they asked if they could call me back...So I asked is there a problem I provided the order number...
I said sure let me know Ill be here...20 minutes later the lady calls me back and says I found your order, and I said Yes and whats the news? Your order will ship out on Monday this one coming....Wait...what?I informed her about the conversations, the lack of information on their website about lengthy delays in shipping after you place the order...and proceeded to tell her I was misinformed and I am not happy about it the fact they couldnt even locate my order and then it will ship out over nine days after I ordered it...and let her Know I was not too happy with their customer support and efficiency to say the least, after being told what I had been told and with no mention on the website about extended delays...She says they are changing theior system which is when I shut that down and replied I dont really care about your system, you people get paid by selling a product and if you sell that many you should increase your inventory, and if nothing else explain on the website better and also tell the tech who does installs what equipment you sell and do not sell when you add stuff to your product line...So not only did it cost me about 50 bucks more had I known and taking their advice on my purchase, they also delayed my order for over 9 days...
Im pretty pissed I almost canceled the order and am still considering it... She offered to let me speak with some guy there I said Nope thats ok I am pretty pissed and I dont think I want to explain this again I said I start holding my breath...I guess Im an ass...
Why do jeep parts take twice as long plus I asked a different dealer for pricing and appointment for ball joint install plus a performance garage, and both said they would track down parts and give me prices for the work and all and Nothing not even I need another day to round this stuff up...
Nada...
I wish I could work like that.,..
Old 02-15-2018, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I just called and canceled my order and when they asked why...I said do you remember me calling yesterday,...why yes sir I do, and still nothing...? Not one call not one email in response to mine yesterday? Not any kinda of rush to possibly even contact me or ship the product out and tomorrow will have been a week....I said I tell ya what sweetie....You just go right ahead cancel my order...well sir....please keep us in mind in the future...I actually about lost it right there so instead I just chuckled and said...Yea,,I dont think so But you have your self some kind of special day Maam...and do...take a minute and advise your management please...Click......so now..
Old 03-01-2019, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

you aren't alone. I sent you a PM about my details but i actually did file against them bc my build was so shockingly bad. ive talked to others who also got ripped off but most don't bother with time and money of lawsuit. it's a shame.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Several others have had issues. Contact me if you are one..

Last edited by Chrystal Hauser; 04-07-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Hauk Design, fraudulent? Definitely defective