Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clicking from Rear when Accelerating from Stop

Old 09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking from Rear when Accelerating from Stop

I was wondering if anyone knows what may cause a click sound when accelerating forum a stop? It appear to come form the rear (possibly control arms?). I added a Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and have re-tightened all of the bolts at the upper and lower control arms, the track bar and sway bar links. Before putting back on the lift and pulling everything apart, I thou I would start here. Any thoughts or ideas of what to looks for would help. The noise started about 1,000 mi after the initial install. I have also noticed some "creaking" sounds when accelerating/decelerating. When I have attempted to flex the suspension or to bounce on the side rails or bumper to create suspension movement, no sounds. Confused?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpullum
I was wondering if anyone knows what may cause a click sound when accelerating forum a stop? It appear to come form the rear (possibly control arms?). I added a Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and have re-tightened all of the bolts at the upper and lower control arms, the track bar and sway bar links. Before putting back on the lift and pulling everything apart, I thou I would start here. Any thoughts or ideas of what to looks for would help. The noise started about 1,000 mi after the initial install. I have also noticed some "creaking" sounds when accelerating/decelerating. When I have attempted to flex the suspension or to bounce on the side rails or bumper to create suspension movement, no sounds. Confused?
Mine previous sport did this. It is the control arms or mine was.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flexer07

Mine previous sport did this. It is the control arms or mine was.
We're you able to get it to stop? Possibly they are not torqued enough?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help

Hi Friend

I'm having the same problem, I have 2 1/2'' boost lift 33.75" tires and 4.88 gear, the clicking noise starter right after 100 miles. Did you find out your problem ? It looks like we have the same problem.

Thank you

Quick Reply: Clicking from Rear when Accelerating from Stop