Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

have you had your jk broken in to?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P1Rh0
I'm worried about that one day that might come where my jk gets broken into and they take my MBP and glock while I'm in a movie or something
Then bring them with you. They are useless left in the jeep.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1

Then bring them with you. They are useless left in the jeep.
Haha. America.

I'm from canada. And so far all I've had is someone put there hands in while back windows were off and unlock door. Horn went off Ran outside and door was open. But nothing touched.

U guys hang on to those guns if someone breaks in. I got my beaver tail tied on my waste. So if anyone gets close I can just smack em a good one EH
Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I keep the doors off a good bit of spring and fall and have had people standing and taking pics of it but never even looking inside. The only things ever in it of value is a GPS in the glovebox, and the jack mounted to the hood which will require tools to remove and unless they know a Jeep they will not find the tools in the back mini trunk area. I also lock the doors with the doors of to lock the tailgate. I am guessing they see the Jeep and think "crazy redneck with gun....um not worth it". Probably good thought since I am subject to be armed at any given time. I would not shoot them for robbing my vehicle unless they appeared to have a weapon, but I damn sure will make sure they don't run. Running may cost you a foot shot. At home, I have good little babies that watch over things so I don't worry. I am labeled as the guy with the mean angry attack dogs. I swear they are big babies and will not harm anyone....until you cross the line they have been taught. Then the will detain you for further details of why you done what you done. Always remember German Shepherd...if they haven't seen COPS on true TV, they can live it for free.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
I keep the doors off a good bit of spring and fall and have had people standing and taking pics of it but never even looking inside. The only things ever in it of value is a GPS in the glovebox, and the jack mounted to the hood which will require tools to remove and unless they know a Jeep they will not find the tools in the back mini trunk area. I also lock the doors with the doors of to lock the tailgate. I am guessing they see the Jeep and think "crazy redneck with gun....um not worth it". Probably good thought since I am subject to be armed at any given time. I would not shoot them for robbing my vehicle unless they appeared to have a weapon, but I damn sure will make sure they don't run. Running may cost you a foot shot. At home, I have good little babies that watch over things so I don't worry. I am labeled as the guy with the mean angry attack dogs. I swear they are big babies and will not harm anyone....until you cross the line they have been taught. Then the will detain you for further details of why you done what you done. Always remember German Shepherd...if they haven't seen COPS on true TV, they can live it for free.
The whole time you were writting this, I stole your gas...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Carlooch
Haha. America.

I'm from canada. And so far all I've had is someone put there hands in while back windows were off and unlock door. Horn went off Ran outside and door was open. But nothing touched.

U guys hang on to those guns if someone breaks in. I got my beaver tail tied on my waste. So if anyone gets close I can just smack em a good one EH
I think there is some confusion here. I was in no way indicating a firearm should be used to defend property. I carry a firearm to defend my life and that of my family. Left in the vehicle, it is not only useless, but can now be stolen and used in crime. Choosing to carry a firearm only sometimes is as silly as only having your spare tire with you some of the times.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ludski
when im of age to carry a hand gun on me. i will be.
i dont want to come into a situation between life or death and not have a chance to make a choice on the outcome.
Dude, there is no age in IL at which you can legally carry a handgun, concealed or otherwise. Unless you use your years to become a politician.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
Running may cost you a foot shot.
Holy Crap!! If you can hit the foot of a person running away from you[1] you should have your own TV show.

[1] Never mind the legality of shooting a person who is fleeing and is indicating no immediate threat to you.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4whelin
The whole time you were writting this, I stole your gas...
I drank his milkshake
Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1

I think there is some confusion here. I was in no way indicating a firearm should be used to defend property. I carry a firearm to defend my life and that of my family. Left in the vehicle, it is not only useless, but can now be stolen and used in crime. Choosing to carry a firearm only sometimes is as silly as only having your spare tire with you some of the times.
No worries. I know u guys didn't mean u were gonna pull out a gun on someone just cause they were near ur jeep

I was just joking around. U got every right to defend ur family. I would to. If we were aloud to carry something more then a beaver tail.

Quick Reply: have you had your jk broken in to?