Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help with a dash piece

Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a dash piece

Did some looking around and the online parts catalogs suck. I cut a hole in the lower dash piece, left of the steering wheel, to mount some switches. I'm going to be getting an **** soon and won't need the switches there any more. I can not for the life of me find the dash part in any catalog. And has anybody tried any other solutions for fixing the holes left over there?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe some rubber gummets or plastic plugs?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

well its actually a slightly larger hole since i put a 4 switch panel there. If i could just find the dash piece to replace it would be easier!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, just apply some duct tape and call it fixed
Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

duct tape and spray on bedliner!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The link is in this thread. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rs%29&p=654669 Unfortunately it no longer works. This is brought up late in the thread and people started asking others who had downloaded it to send it to them. Maybe you can P.M. some one who has downloaded it and ask them to send it to you.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks DKehler...finally found a solid link and download and also got to find out that this thing is all one cant dash piece. suddenly duct tape doesn't seem like such a bad idea!

part number is 1FQ511DVAB. hope nobody else needs to do this!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a picture of the hole?

reason I ask...

I cut out a switch hole in my Nitro, hole was about 1.5x3 inchs so was pretty sizeable, one piece dash kind of killed the replacement part idea. I stumbled across this guy who does custom billet work. Had a custom emblem made and put it over the hole, maybe you could do the same, one that says Jeep Wrangler # and the vin/year combo people do on their hoods for millspec looks? idk just an idea. Quality product, kind of pricy was like $60 but was very happy in the end. You can contact the guy for custom stuff. I just sent him a basic idea of what I wanted and he sent me a proof and once I accepted it, had it a few weeks later cause he was busy.

http://billettechnology.com/

and of course the site is down right now for updates...nice
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

i'll get some pics of the mounted switch box and the lovely hole. i like that idea of putting something custom in there. i'd leave the switch panel there but there i just won't need 10 switches right now...unless i get the dual battery setup. hmmmm....

Quick Reply: Help with a dash piece