Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help with JKU Wheels to replace stock 17" - need to fit BFG 265/70/17 tires.....

Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JKU Wheels to replace stock 17" - need to fit BFG 265/70/17 tires.....

We are wanting to change our plain jane JKU stock 17" wheels for some other 17" wheels. We wanted to go with the 17" 13' Rubicon wheels but the more I look at them the uglier they seem. Can anyone give me some ideas of something unique and different. We prefer something not tooooo agressive looking, but different. I dont want to sound like too much of a girl here (I am a girl, lol), but the Jeep is my daily driver so I dont want it to look too, ummm - butch but just cool and different at the same time not like a mall crawler. This is my husband and I's Jeep so something he could live with also!

Thanks!!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a tough question to answer without knowing more about your jeep plans/lifestyle. Your rims are basically gonna setup the look for the entire rig. Do u want an expedition type look or over lander or rock crawler or mall crawler trying to look like a crawler? Do u want black rims? Chrome (plz don't)? Do u plan on getting larger tires afterwards? Do u ever take it offroad? If you want a different look why not just plastidip your rims? The variation in style is vast so narrowing it down may get you more results...
Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Well dont plan to get bigger tires or lift it or anything. We wanted it to enjoy some light offroading, but dont plan on decking it out. Just minor mods. So we wanted something that stood out. Most people in our area have blacked all out. So maybe something different than that.....we did sort of like the rubicon wheels but then i read how most people think they are ugly...haha. we do NOT want chrome at all. Nothing shiny either. I kind of like the look of the wheels with the round holes in them - not sure what they are called......
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm try tirerack dot com... U can search for wheels by vehicle, they have hundreds. The ones with the holes may be these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2110914071.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	448993

AEV Savegre

Edit: when u search by vehicle it assumes stock tires
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

I have Black Rock Yuma 17" with 4.5 BS rims. Tire is 265/70/17 Cooper st Maxx. I have no lift

Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi, here is something I learned the hard way this week. I took my Jeep in to Firestone for a front end alignment check. A week before I had put my summer wheels and tires on myself (see bottom of entry). They said due to the way the wheels set back off the tire they would end up scratching the hell (their words) out of my new wheels. So in order to get my alignment check I would need to put my stock wheels back on.

Then the said all 4 of my ball joints were bad. That's another story. A lot of new wheels set back inside the tires to protect the wheel.

So long story short something to be aware of if what Firestone said is true.

Quick Reply: Help with JKU Wheels to replace stock 17" - need to fit BFG 265/70/17 tires.....